Action Bar is no longer displaying above the header after BeTheme update

We were on BeTheme Version 21.1.2 which has an On/Off toggle for the Action Bar.  When we updated to BeTheme Version 21.4.7.1, the Action Bar toggle is now 3 checkboxes.  When I check "Show above the header", the <div class="menu-2"> never appears in the <div id="Action_bar"> above the header..  The URL is https://ebrcoa.wpengine.com/

Comments

• Hello,
    I do not understand, the Action Bar is there:

Thanks
  • edited December 2019
    It's the secondary menu that is not displaying above the header.  I guess my assessment is off. 

The problem is that the Secondary Meny is no longer displaying in the Action Bar. between the contact info and the social media menu.  That is where the <div class="menu-2"> comes into play.  I guess the Action Bar is showing up, but the Secondary Menu is no longer showing in the action bar above the header, it is displaying below the header, you can see it if you inspect the page.  

You can see how it used to look before the upgrade here.  http://ebrcoa.staging.wpengine.com/.  The red and blue menu that has "Donate Today", "Get Involved", and "Contact Us" is the secondary menu

Looking in \wp-content\themes\betheme\includes\header-top-area.php on line 11 is a check for mfn_opts_get('action-bar') and this file is the only file that has the menu-2 div which is how http://ebrcoa.staging.wpengine.com/ has the secondary menu showing up, so I'm assuming this has something to do with this condition not being met..
  • I think, that someone created the modifications of the theme, because our theme does not allow to use the menu and social menu at the same time.

Custom menu for the Action Bar is the "Social Menu Top" and by the default, the depth of the "Social Menu Top" is 1, which means it won't have the dropdown menu and socials are replaced by that menu.

Thanks
  • Thanks.

I checked the differences after the update for all of the files in the theme and I didn't see any differences, so my assumption is that we did not make any modfications to the theme.  Do the theme updates change the files?
  • BeTheme does not allow to have social menu and menu items in the Action Bar in the same time.
    Also, the Action Bar menu is not made to display the submenu - there surely was theme files modification done.

If you don't have the Child Theme activated while making the theme files changes, all of the modifications will be removed.

Child Theme prevents losing them, that's why it's very important to use it.
    See it here:

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

This site does not have Child Theme installed.  

When the theme is updated, are all of the files in the \wp-content\themes\betheme\ overwritten?

I am just trying to get the functionality back and I don't know what is modification code and what is originally with the theme, so  that I can move the modification code to the Child Theme.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

I reviewed the code again and I am now seeing a difference in the files between the 2 versions.  I'm not sure what happened there; however, I still need to find the all of the modifications that were made.  

Is there any way I can get a copy of version 12.1.2 so that I can compare and find the differences?

Thanks
  • Hello,
    sorry but we do not offer such old files.
    Updating from such an old version will most likely cause issues and some more work done in rebulding the page a bit.
    thanks