Pagespeed static css static-style.css

Hi,

i am trying to activate static css, but i can not follow your explanation in the documentation.

I can not open style.php and style-colors.php in any browser (safari, firefox, chrome).
so i did copy all(!) content via text editor from bothe files in the static-style.css and uploaded it via ftp.

after that, my layout is not the same and is completely wrong. So it seems that i din't integrate it right.

In the documentation you showed an Update since version 9.6, that all style is in the header an i should copy it there.
i'm not sure, but where do i copy what exactly? could you give a little more detailed explanation?

Thank you!

Comments

• of course i activated the static css button in theme options after uploading static-style.css...
  • Hello,
    Style.php and style-colors.php are really old way to achieve that and it's not longer working.
    So if you want to activate static styles, you need to copy the styles
    directly from the header from the page source. (on the screenshot below we present where this
    code is located) into the style-static.css file (through the FTP).

Then, go to Theme Options > 
    Global
    >  Advanced

And turn ON the Static CSS button. That’s it, you successfully set up the Static CSS, your website should be loaded quicker

Thanks

• hi,
    thank you so far for your answer.

sorry, but i'm not sure to get the right code (css styles) to copy.
    In your screenshot there is the red frame above the spot, i think i need to know...
    maybe im just missing something?

or maybe i'm searching in the wrong place? I opend the startpage in firefox and inspected the page with 'inspect element'. is that korrekt?

Thank you!!!
  • CTRL + U, it will open the whole source code of your website.
    You should be able to find this large amount of your CSS code.
    Thanks
  • Hey,

thank you. i found the source but not the amount of css code you are showing in your picture,
    of course there is a lot of css, but not particular to colors or the two files you are mentoning in the documentation ...
    am i really the only one who doesn't get this? :-$

could you maybe have a look on the site and tell me the line?

thank you
  • Please disable all of the minify/cache plugins, it's necessary to not to use this kind of plugins while using the static css method.

Thanks
  • ahhhhh... thank you! :-)
  • Hi , i have the same issue with css header code. I'am using lightspeed cache plugin, should i turn off the plugin or only disable the css minify in the plugin?

Thanks
  • You should turn off all of the plugins which desire is to 'speed up' your page.
    They are usually minfiying the code on the theme.

Then, you will be able to use the static-css method correctly.
    Thanks