Exclude categories in Post Grid

Hi there, in a Post Grid -element you're able to exclude categories in the filter. This option still displays the posts of the excluded categories in the grid.

Is it possible to exclude posts by selecting the specific categories?

This would be much easier instead of selecting all categories from posts that need to be displayed (Narrow data source).

Many thanks!
Cheers,
Michiel

Comments

• Hello Michiel,
    You want to hide some posts from certain category, right?
    To achieve that, you would have to make your post private.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, thanks for your reply.

Actually, I would like to hide all posts from a specific category on a specific page, using a Post Grid -element. These hidden posts need to be visible on another page by selecting the specific category in a Post Grid -element. So Private Posts wouldn't be the solution.

So, is it possible to exclude specific categories, instead of selecting all categories that need to be displayed (Narrow data source).

Many thanks!
    Cheers,
    Michiel
  • I'm not sure what you mean by the "Post Grid", you mean the "Grid" layout of "Blog" item, right?
    As I know, you can use the "Blog" item and provide the IDs of posts which should be excluded from displaying.

Thanks

This is the Post Grid:

It's the element used to get a grid of posts displayed on a page.

Cheers,
    Michiel
  • This is the WPBakery item, we cannot control it at all.
    But, as I can see, there is an option like that, in "Data Settings" tab.

Just provide the name of the post.
    Thanks

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the fact you don't control WPBakery.
    The Exclude-option in the WPBakery post Grid as you mention only excludes individual Posts, Pages, etc. It doesn't has the option the exclude a category.
    Should I contact WPBakery for this?

Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Michiel
  • Our Muffin Builder does not exclude the categories too.
    Of course we support the WPBakery, but only with understanding how it works and how to set-up some elements.
    But if some cases where you need to customize it, you should contact the WPBakery support.

I think, that excluding category will not be possible - it is just not usually used.
    A lot of customers are excluding posts - but you can try and ask them about that.
    Thanks