Random Instances of Bold Text in Muffin Builder

Hi.

I'm experiencing a very odd issue when building pages.

Inside the Muffin Builder interface some of my elements are displaying in a bold text, which is being reflected on the site.

That's not to say that I've applied a <b> tag to them but rather the text inside the builder itself is bolded.

For example, below you will see a screenshot of a Fancy Heading item and Column item (both of which feature on the same page):

When clicking the edit button on the Fancy Heading item, I see this:

Note that the 'Get in touch today' text has a <b> tag (which is fine, it's appears bold on the live site - this is NOT the issue I'm having) but it doesn't appear bold inside the Muffin Builder interface.

Now, when clicking the edit button on the Column item, I see this:

Note that there is no <b> tag and yet the text INSIDE the Muffin Builder is bold. I have not made this text bold, it is appearing bold automatically.

And the problem is, it's reflecting on the live site:

This text SHOULD NOT be bold on the site but it is, purely because the text inside the builder is somehow bold and there's no way for me to correct it.

Could you kindly help me resolve this, please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,
    Can you send me a link to exactly this page?
    I'm not sure if it's just a "About Us" page or one of the childrens.
    Thanks
  • Sure thing! The URL for the page in question is: http://s711313858.websitehome.co.uk/overview/

As you scroll through the page, you'll notice that there's a point at which all text switches to bold. It's the section which begins "We now know that good practise and getting the best out of people does not happen by default." All text from this point onward is bold and I can't change it inside Muffin Builder.

Thanks.

• Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check html
    errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine.

Thanks!
  • Could you kindly explain that in greater detail, please? I don't understand how HTML errors on the site would have anything to do with the automatically bolded text inside the WP dashboard.
  • A lot - if one of the divs or b tags will not be closed, this tag will be attached for all of the texts below.
    Take a look at the screenshot, there is surely few HTML issues.

And there is a lot more of them. (red colored tags are issued)
    Thanks
  • OK, I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not building it manually with HTML code. I'm using the drag-and-drop interface that Muffin Builder provides.

Besides, I'm still not sure how this would impact the fact the text inside Muffin Builder -- as in, inside the WordPress dashboard itself -- is forced to be bold. I'm not talking about the website here, but WordPress itself. Did you see the screenshots I uploaded? I can't alter the HTML of /wp-admin/
  • The text inside the Content box is bold.
  • The Content box is inside the WordPress dashboard /wp-admin/

I haven't set this text to be bold inside WP. And yet it's bold in WP and bold on the live site. I simply want to know how to un-bold it.
  • I'm happy to give you access to WordPress so you can see it for yourself.
  • Yes, you used the the drag & drop, but Muffin Builder items does not have any HTML issues.
    The problem is related to the content of your text and html tags - it does not mean the error is in the place where bold text appear, it can be earlier - just check whole of your text provided in column items.

Also, you can disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and check if the issue still appear.
    Thanks