Achecker and validator.w3.org

Hello, 

I try to pass these validators but i see some errors from the theme, some of them i fixed the(like <i> to <em>), but i get an error for id attribute is not unique. The problem is with id #menu-item-481 in the menu.

How can i change it and be ok?

Best regards

Comments

• Hello,
    Can you send me a link to your website?
    I'll check it out.
    Thanks
  • Hello, 

The website is https://melirrito.gr/

Thank you very much

Best regards
  • I think it's some kind of bug of checker, the menu is not repeated, IDs are different.

Do not be worry about it.
    Thanks
  • Hello, 

Check menu item 481, with id #menu-item-481.

It shows is 3 times if you click to inspect.

Best regards

• Okay, I see - it's repeated in the secondary menu.
    So, it's not a big problem but if you wish to change that, you have to go to the Appearance > Menus, select the menu which is assigned to "Secondary Menu" and for best experience remove all items from there.
    Thanks
  • edited December 2019
    But i use the secondary menu to split it into two left and right.

Update: It has the duplicate id problem in all the menu items, check the W3 validator
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hello, 

I send the login credentials.

Also i see in the W3 validator shows error with these: background-attachment:;background-size:;-webkit-background-size:"

Best regards
  • Sorry, but it will be not available to change, it's appending the content from 'secondary' menu to the main menu but it leaves the primary content untouched/not removed.
    These ids are applied by the wordpress and we cannot touch it in any way to not destroy the proper way of wordpress functionalities.

This theme is really huge, that it's really hard to hold all of the rules of perfect website creation.
    These rules are very important for websites which are made from the scratch, but not with the wordpress templates.

Thanks
  • Hello, 

Why they have the same id?

Isn't that a general problem?

Can we hide it somehow?

Also what about these errors: background-attachment:;background-size:;-webkit-background-size: ?
    These are set per block.

Best regards
  • The split menu works this way, that while your page is loaded, it's pushing the content of that container to the "main menu", to make it look like split - but the secondary menu container is still on the source code - and the secondary menu is set to 'display:none' - it's hidden.
    So basically, it's a copy of that container in menu.
    By the default in wordpress it's not possible to create this type of menu, that's why we had to make a workaround to create that.

About these 'background-attachment etc.', these are rest of the settings from the sections and rows which were not set, you would have to set them in all of the section/rows/columns, which is really hard to achieve because in some elements it's necesary to leave it blank.

But, it will not destroy SEO of your website, this page is only for checking the html code to be perfect, which is hard for any website.
    Even the biggest websites like youtube or any other page has some errors.
    Thanks
  • Hello, 

Yes i now that, but its important to pass this validation.

Is there a way to "fix" the menu temporary?

If i change the layout in a single menu and not split will be ok?

Also, about the "background-attachment:;background-size:;-webkit-background-size:", which properties should i fill to fix it?

Lastly, i have a double ID in slider revolution, the id is "mfn-rev-slider", i contacted Slider Revo support but they told me that thats a id from the theme and it had to be overridden from the option here: https://prnt.sc/qancls.

Best regards
  • All of these problems will be fixed in next updates - we noticed that problem, so please be patient.
    It will surely not be in next week, but I think we'll fix that to the end of that year ;)
    We cannot give you a workaround for this problem right now, because it require a lot of the theme files changes.

The only workaround which we can suggest now, is with the mfn-rev-slider ID:
    Please remove the "Slider Plugin" item and provide the shortcode of that slider in the "Column" item.
    Thanks
  • Hello, 

Thank you for the fast replies.

I fixed the problem with the backgrounds setting them up with css.

For the menu i checked that if i use menu without split it will be ok, i hope with the update will be fixed in the split menu too.

Best regards
  • Yes, the update will include that change.
    All of these issues you told us about will be fixed.
    Thanks
  • Thank you very much.

Have a nice day