Preview not working

Hello,

I'm trying to preview a page I've created using Muffin Builder but it's not working, i.e. I see the page content without the latest changes.

I'm referring to dev2020.smartsystems.gr

Regards

Costas

Comments

• Hello,
    "Preview" option is disabled on Muffin Builder.
    To check, how it will look, you have to update the page and get into that page.
    Thanks
  • Hi there,

Preview option was very useful, especially when updating an already published page.

I wonder why you chose to disable this very useful functionality.

I used it many times in past websites I made.

:(
  • Sadly, this option was disabled on BeTheme from first versions, it's not adapted for this functionality.
    Thanks
  • Preview was active on BeTheme version 20.9.5.6

This hardly one the early versions.

It's only one major version back!
  • I cannot agree - it just displayed the same page before updating but it was not working like a default preview from wordpress.

But, if you would like to see it as a next feature of the BeTheme, please post your suggestion here:

Thanks
  • I've send you a private message.

Please check.

Best regards
  • Preview was not working, as I said BeTheme was never adapted to use the "Preview" functionality.
    I assume, that what you were doing is updating the page and then previewing the page, and it just displayed you the page, like a default getting inside the page.
    Thanks
  • Hi again,

If you look at the urls of the images, you will see that in the preview page, a preview url is shown:

<asitename>/?page_id=<anumber>&preview=true

I DID NOT UPDATE THE PAGE.

The page was previewed BEFORE updating!
  • It will display the URL, but the page is the same as a default page - if it will not be updated, it will display the same, old page.
    Really, we never configured that functionality and it was not included in the BeTheme.
    Thanks
  • Hi,

I'm trying to point out that there is a DIFFERENT functionality between betheme versions 20.9.5.6 and 21.5.3.

Preview is not working any more on 21.5.3 but IS WORKING on 20.9.5.6.

I think I have presented my case in a satisfying way.

You keep saying "it will display the same, old page".

Well, it doesn't display the same old page!

As you can see in the images I've forwarded to you, it displays a PREVIEW of the page.

Right after I make changes in the muffin builder, I press PREVIEW and it shows the page along with the changes I made.

This doesn't happen in 21.5.3, just one major version back.

Regards
  • Hey,
    I have contacted the DEV team to make sure.
    There was never a preview option available for the Muffin Builder.
    The content you are creating will not show in the preview window, you have to update the page first.

The code you have sent is correct, the preview mode is displayed, but this is only for the default WordPress Guttenberg editor.

thanks
  • Hi Bryan,

Since the beginning of this discussion, whenever I mentioned "preview" I was referring to wordpress editor preview button.

I never mentioned about any betheme supplied special kind of "preview" button.

In betheme version on 20.9.5.6, when I edit a page and make changes with muffin builder, I can preview them by pressing this default preview button.

This doesn't work on betheme version 21.5.3.

I hope it's clear now!

Thanks
  • BeTheme does not have any preview button, we are talking about default preview from the wordpress which was never working with BeTheme.
    Thanks
  • Hi,

I most certainly agree with you, when you say that BeTheme does not have any preview button.

I'm not talking about any special BeTheme preview button.

But yes, default preview from the wordpress was indeed working one major release back 20.9.5.6.

It's not working now in release  21.5.3.

Regards

• As Bryan said, it could work for the content which is inserted in the wordpress default editor, but Muffin Builder content did not change until update.
    Otherwise we are not sure, how it could work if functions were not applied for this functionality.
    Thanks
  • Well, maybe you need to ask someone else who is sure about this functionality.

Regards
  • We talked with the dev team of the BeTheme, and they told, that functionality related to the preview option was never applied in the theme - so it was not working.

Sorry, but we are not able to help you 'recover' this functionality, because it was never added in the BeTheme.

All I can suggest, is to send a suggestion for a "preview" functionality to be added:

Thanks
  • I'd like to point out again, that I'm not referring to preview as a functionality of betheme.

I'm referring to preview as a default functionality of wordpress.
  • If you didn't append any content from the Muffin Builder, yes - it will work fine.
    We tested it on local device and it works fine.

Be sure, that your theme and wp are up to date.
    Thanks
  • But as I have repeatedly mentioned previously, I do "append content from Muffin Builder" and it works.

Regards
  • Hello,
    unless you save the content - update the page - the preview feature will not work. This only applies for the Muffin Builder. The Guttenberg editor in WordPress will work without updating on the preview page.

This never worked and it is not working now. This is for the preview feature and also revisions.

Please explain what is your current state, what do you have, what do you want/do not want to have in your wordpress.

thanks
  • Hello again,

What I had in wordpress with betheme version 20.9.5.6 installed:
    • Edited page and added / changed  content using muffin builder.
    • Pressed wordpress default preview button.
    • Saw a preview of the page, displaying the added / changed  content (without hitting the update button).
    What I have in wordpress with betheme version  21.5.3 installed:
    • Edited page and added / changed  content using muffin builder.
    • Pressed wordpress default preview button.
    • Did not see a preview of the page, displaying the added / changed  content (without hitting the update button).
    Regards
  • edited February 2020
    Hey,
    we checked it, and it looks like it was not the theme at all. This is caused by the newest version of wordpress. This is not exactly an issue, because the page should not update when you click preview. We have not changed anything, this is why we said that we never supported the preview function.
    thanks
  • Hi,

In this Muffin Group instructional video "How to use widgets and the widgets section" published on youtube on Mar 14, 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa0eP-fKX24 at 0:57 - 0:58 the instructor presses preview and it works.

He enables the left sidebar and previews without hitting the update / publish button.

So back in mid 2017 preview was supported and working.

Regards
  • He clicked "Save draft", which is not a preview itself - it's like updating the page which is not ready yet.
    As we said, the preview option was never working with the BeTheme and there is no way to make it work.

It is working for the default wordpress editor, but not the betheme.
    Thanks
  • OK I get it.

So the answer to my original question is:

In order for Preview to work and show muffin builder changes, I need to switch the page to draft mode. When I'm satisfied with the changes, I hit again the publish button.

I tested it and it works.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards
    Costas