Creating a custom template

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom template for my website. I created a new template file, and it can be selected as template in the page edit admin page under 'page attributes', but when I save it, it gives me an error:

Updating failed. Error message: Invalid parameter(s): template

I tried to use a custom template created in a plugin, a child theme and even in the main theme, but it all gives me the same error. When I select a default BeTheme template, for example under construction, it saves correctly.  

How can I use custom templates? 

Comments

• Hello,
    Is your WP and BeTheme up to date?
    Is your PHP Version 7 or higher?

Also, did you check if it works while all of the plugins are disabled?
    thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

Thank you for your reply. My information:

PHP Version 7.0.33
    define('MFN_THEME_VERSION', '21.5.5');

Even with all the plugins disabled the same error occurs: Updating failed. Error message: Invalid parameter(s): template

Changing the template value in the wp_postmeta for the key _wp_page_template to the child theme template, I still don't get that template active for the page. The dropdown 'Page Attributes > Template' had the child theme template selected, but a die('test'); in the child theme page doesn't change anything on the page in the frontend. 

So the child template doesn't work, even if I set it in the database.
    The child template is a copy of template-blank.php, except for a different Template Name and a die() in the file. 

Can you tell me how I can activate a child theme template for a page? 
  • Can you test if it works with the parent theme?
    If you corrupted the Child Theme, you will have to download it once more from the themeforest profile.
    Check, how to handle the Child Theme here:

Thanks