Thumbnail frame is too big and can I change the thumbnail picture?

Hi,

1) As you can see on the screenshot the thumbnail
frame is too big. I am trying to solve this problem for several hours
now but couldnt fix it so far. I changed the image size several times
which worked quite properly but the frame always has the same width.

2)
Actually as a thumbnail I want a different image anyway. Is it possible
to have a different thumbnail then the post image itself?

Comments

• Hi,
    There are many types of featured images in the theme, here are instructions for changing them:
    1. To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.
    2. To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media.
    3. To change the woocommerce images size please go to the customizer tool in wordpress and change it in the front-end.
    More information HERE

Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks
  • You must be kidding giving me that answer?
    This seems to be the auto comment when there is a questions about image sizes...

My first questions was how to change the frame size not the picture itself. I can change the picture size but as you can see in the screenshot the frame width keeps the same.

And what about my second questions?? You didnt even mention that??

• You cannot just change the frame size, it's default in the wordpress, you have to resize your images to prepare them to displaying correctly.

And about the second question, no - it will be not possible, this is how wordpress is made.
    But, you can do a workaround, set a featured image and set a template of single post as a "Builder", then insert the image item as a first item of the muffin builder.
    Thanks
  • Thank you very much! The second advice helped me a lot.

But can you please tell me how to prepare my image?
    In the screenshot you can see that the thumbnail picture has a size of 288x227 px and thats how it is shown within the frame. But the frame still has a much bigger width.

How can I change this?
  • Please do what I told you in my first post.

To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate
    to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.
    Also, be familiar with information, that if your original image size is smaller than declared size to regeneration, it will stay with his original size.
    In example, your image is 200x200, and you set the 500x500 size, then image will not be touched to not to tistort your image.

Thanks
  • Ok I think there is still a little bit of a misunderstanding.
    Changing the picture size is possible. I use thumbnail regenaration and it works but I cannot get the width smaller. As you can see in my example changing the size to 50x50px makes the picture that size but there is still the conatiner for a wider picture. I kept the red frame to demonstrate the real size.
    There is no problem with the height as you can see in the screenshot as well.

Hope this screenshots explains my problem and you can help me.

• I think, that you will have to increase it a little bit to fill it in the border.
    But, please send me a link to your website, I'll check if I can customize it in any way.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, how can I send you my website? It is still under construction and not reachable via internet so far... If it is possible to pm you I could send you the login.

• I could create a new role in wordpress and you could check there. Is it that what you mean?
    I am sorry I am quite new to all this website construction....
  • If your website is not on localhost and I can access it, you could disable the under-construction mode for hour or two.
    It will be enough for me.
    Thanks
  • Ok I just made it public again. But I changed the pictures from yesterday.
  • Please paste this CSS code into the Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS
    .post-photo-wrapper{
    width:auto !important;
    }
    thanks
  • Ooh thank you so much!!! It worked :)