Pages are very slow

Hello,
The Home in admin (Page with the name Home) is very slow to load. The other pages are ok.
Could you help me please ?

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

thanks
  • edited March 2020
    Hi,

This is the admin link :
    Please, can you delete this link after read it ?
  • Hey,
    you have send us a link to log in which we cannot do with a password.
    To fix the issue, I suggest you first disable all plugins and see if the images on your website are optimized.
    thanks
  • Hey Macchu,

I suspect your php.ini doesn't have the right amount of memory, or timouts/vars set. One thing to also check (site health) is to see if you have php-fpm enabled (this is essential for wordpress to function correctly).

If you use Wamp or Xamp make sure your virtualhost files are set properly for the localhost as well. One thing to do is check your error log, likely you will see which plugin or service is causing the issue there. Overall unless 3rd party plugins are set the site loads unoptimized (also dependant on image file sizes) around 2.5-4.5s to load. 
  • Hi, I didn't change or add new plugin on the WP.
    And the images are optimized. For reminder, the slow page is on Admin and not in front ^^
    Do you have any idea ?

Hi, in the php.ini (root of WP folder), there's only those lines. Is that normal ?
     max_input_vars = 5000
     max_execution_time = 180

Where can I check the php-fpm ? I can't find it.

Thanks you both :)
  • Hi Machu, don't forget the input value as well  you should have (in my opinion 256mb is minimum 512m would be best). PHP-FPM is usually not enabled by default in "shared hosting" environments unless they are optimized wp hosts. If you have no access to that in your cPanel or Plesk then likely it is required to be activated by the host (if they do it).

You can find it in WAMP or XAMP (if you are working in a localhost environment) under the Apache Modules and just enable it there. The other thing to consider is if you are working with a shared host is their storage system. Which host are you with and what package are you running on? Outfits like ionos, hostpapa and bluehost as of late have been notorious with their shared hosting packages....

If you are on a live host run gtmetrix on your site and see what slows it down. It should tell you items such as server location, time to first byte and so on. 

Most commonly its a hosting issue, that being said between php and mysql configurations a lot can impact a site.

• pputlitz is correct and this is all caused by the hosting, the theme itself does not have an impact on loading, unless the hosting enviroment is limited.
    Please contact your hosting provider.
    thanks