Fail to Install the Plugin-cuz it contains no file

Hi! I have purchased Godaddy managed wordpress service and this Betheme theme. However, I'm unable to install the revolution slider plugin ( I could successfully install the plugin Contact 7 by just one-click). The shown information is 
"

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

The package could not be installed. The plugin contains no files.

Plugin installation failed."

I have also called Godaddy to help me troubleshoot this issue, but they told me that the revolution slider file contains nothing after downloaded. Thus unable to install this plugin. They suggested me to ask about the theme provider what's going on. So here I am...

Could anyone help me fix this issue? I have struggled with this issue for the day :(.......
Many thanks!

Comments

• Did you install it from Be|theme > Install Plugins?
  • Yep, I tried this way several time, but failed every time :(. I also tried another way by installing the pre-built website directly, hoping that this plugin could be installed successfully, but failed too....
  • Hey, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • Ohhh wait a tick if you are installing it through the GoDaddy Management Panel it won't work. 

You have to go to WP-Admin Dashboard > Be|theme > Install Plugins

However, with the slider you should delete the plugin first under Dashboard > Plugins, then go to Be|theme> Install Plugins and install Slider Revolution. It will automatically install the latest available version from within the theme. 
  • Thank you guys~ 
    1. After multiple try, I decided to deregister the theme and then register the theme again. (The theme is only used for this domain). However, when I try to register the them again with the same domain, the page said that I need to deregister the license and delete some file that is assigned by WordPress or Godaddy. 

2. I felt that Godaddy just causes too much unnecessary problems, so I just returned Godaddy's wordpress service and moved the host to Siteground and connected to WordPress again. I have deleted all the files under public_html. But when I tried to install and register the theme, it said again that I need to deregister the license and delete the file. 

I have checked with the link: http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/  and tried to deregister the license so that I can register on my siteground's wordpress but the page is just keeping showing dereigstering with no result... Could someone from theme provider help me deregister it? 
  • You need to make sure that all of the websites you have under the same license key are deregistered.
    Either by deregistering it from the theme dashboard panel or removing the theme manually from the server and then using the api license tool to deregisert it ( it has to be removed)

Then register your main theme again.
    thanks
  • Thank you guys for your kind help! Now the issue has been fixed and I finally could use my BeTheme and start to build my website =)
    Just one last question, where could I cancel my refund for the theme on theme forest? I was frustrated before and submitted the refund application for the theme, but now since everything is fixed and I love this theme. I have found information about how to refund at theme forest and didn't find the cancel refund method by search.......Sorry that I know I'm a dumb but could you please help me cancel my refund request?

And for anyone who may have similar issues as me, here is how I solve the problem:
    1. If you use Godaddy's managed wordpress, and would like to buy theme on themeforest, then you may need to check whether the theme requires some mandatory third-party plugins. Godaddy may not support some of the third-party's plugins.

2. If you decide to move your host server from one place to another, please remember to deregister the theme via wordpress's BeTheme dashboard. I have also deleted the file under 'public_html' folder via my new host server. Then you need to wait about 24 to 48 hours for DNS kind of thing to update. After that, check http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/   to see whether you have successfully deregister the license. After the check, you could now install the theme and plugin successfully. 

• You have to contact the envato the same way how you made it to ask for a refund.
    We are not able to do anything about it - it's all handled by the envato.
    Thanks