Some small questions

edited March 2020 in Theme support
Hello,

I'd like to ask some simple (I hope) questions.

1 - How can I remove the date from portfolio and blog related posts?
2 - How can i set the bottom right popup contact form button bigger? Can you provide me some css please? I wanted the button a little bit bigger.
3 - Is it possible to display featured images in the search results?
4 - How can I remove "published by" in the search results?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Can someone help?

Thanks
  • Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

thanks
  • Hi,

it is still localhost. But since it's mostly little CSS changes, can you help me?

Thank you!
  • Yes, but I have to create correct CSS code and to be sure, I need a link to your page.
    Can you reach us when your website will be live? We'll surely help you with these problems.

About the third question, it will be not possible, it's just because we use the same search result page as a wordpress do.
    Thanks
  • Hello,

two more small questions:
    5 - is it possible to change the width of the pop up contact form?
    6 - In my portfolio, the share button appears as clickable and goes to a random page. Do you know why?

Thank you very much
  • 5) Sadly, this will not be possible without the CSS code, but it's created to display correct on all of the devices now.
    6) I do not quite understand, can you send me a link to the pages where the issue appears?
    I cannot find the main portfolio page on your website.

Thanks
  • So, I'll paste all the questions again:
    1 - How can I remove the date from portfolio and blog related posts?
    2 - How can i set the bottom right popup contact form button bigger? Can you provide me some css please? I wanted the button a little bit bigger. And the form to be displayed wider too.
    3 - How can I remove "published by" in the search results?
    4 - In this page, for example, http://www.balness-spa.pt/portfolio/hotel-cristal-vieira-resort-praia-spa-2/ the bottom share button appears as a link and goes to a random page.

Can you provide me some CSS for the first 3 questions?

Thank you!
  • Please paste all of the CSS codes in the Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS
    1)
    .section-related-ul .date_label{
    display: none !important;
    }
    2)
    #popup_contact .wpcf7-submit{
    padding:20px 40px !important;
    }
    3)
    body.search .post-meta{display:none !important}
    4) You mean the share button for facebook, twitter etc?

As I see, they works fine.
    Thanks
  • Thank you for your help!!

1- It's only working for portfolio. Blog related posts still have date.
    2 - The button is still the same size. I want the button to go more or less double the size. And how can it appear on mobile?
    3 - All done, thank you!
    4 - It's working fine, but the share button "partilhar" is clickable and it shouldn't be.

Thank you
  • Can someone help? :)
  • 1) Please send me a link to one of the blog posts, /blog href does not redirect me to the main blog post.
    2) It will be bigger, just please do not use the minify plugin when your page is not ready to go.
    4) I cannot remove the link from that element, it require the html change of the theme and wordpress code, all I can suggest is hiding it.

Thanks
  • I did not know about the minify thing, thank you! I deactivated cache and minify plugins and inserted your CSS again.

1 - It's all fine. Both portfolio and blog dates are hidden!
    2 - Pop up contact icon is still the same size. The CSS you have appear to be for inside padding, am i wrong? I want the button to display twice the size on my screen and I want it to appear on mobile too.
    4 - So, you can see "Partilhar" with social icons in front. The button "Partilhar"(Share) should not be clickable by default, right? It's working fine on blog posts(Novidades on the menu) but it appears as clickable on Portfolio posts.

Thank you
  • 2) Okay, I do understand now.
    I created the code which increases the button inside the popup, now it's more clear.
    So, please use this CSS code:
    #popup_contact i{
    font-size:2em !important;
    }

4) Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check html
    errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine.

Thanks!
  • 2 - It's bigger, thanks! But it appears a little bit cut out on the right side, how can we move it a little bit to the left? And what's the CSS code for it to appear on mobile?

4 - Thank you, I'll check it!
  • Please paste that CSS code:

#popup_contact [class^="icon-"]::before{
    margin-left:unset !important;
    }

#popup_contact{
    display: block !important;
    }
    Thanks
  • Thank you, all is working now!

One more little thing: i have all my galleries set to thumbnail and I resized my thumbnails to 400x400 and regenerated. Most of the time they work properly and appear in that size. But sometimes they appear in other sizes, do you know why?
  • That's because if some of the images are not crossing (are not bigger or equal) the 400x400 size, they will not be regenerated - they will stay with original size.
    You have to be sure, that all of images you are using (for galleries or blog, portfolio, shop), are bigger or equal 400px.
    Thanks
  • Yes, I know about that, I didn't explain myself correctly. I mean, the same gallery sometimes display correctly and sometimes display other sizes. Could it be something regarding cache and optimize plugins?
  • Cache shouldn't be the problem, but minify - yes.
    If you are using some kind of JS minifications you should get rid of it.
    Thanks
  • Thank you for your help.

One more quick thing: how can I set page titles to h1 instead of h2?
  • You mean the page title in subheader?
    Please go to the Theme Options > Header & Subheader > Subheader
    Thanks
  • All is set now, thank you for everything Pablo!

Have a nice day!