Error when updating theme to latest version

Hi, I am getting the following error message when updating my BeTheme to the latest version. Any reason as to why and how I can fix the issue? Thank you!

Warning: Use of undefined constant THEME_URI - assumed 'THEME_URI' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-content/themes/betheme-freelancer-child/muffin-options/options.php on line 11

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfn_get_categories() in /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/plugins/visual-composer.php:218 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): mfn_vc_integrateWithVC('') #1 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/js_composer.php(245): do_action('vc_before_init') #4 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): Vc_Manager->init('') #5 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-settings.php(523 in /home/xxx/public_html/(sitename)/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/plugins/visual-composer.php on line 218

Comments

• Sent PM with website address.
  • Hello,
    Is your PHP version 7 or higher?
    Also, is your WP up to date?
    Thanks
  • Hi,

My php version is at least about version 7 and yes, WordPress is up to date.
  • Can you reinstall BeTheme completely? I mean, remove the BeTheme from themes directory and install the new one from "themeforest" package.
    Do not be worry about the content, it's all stored in the database - but in case, please create a backup.
    Thanks
  • edited March 2020
    i got the same problem, i delete the folder and install it again. same problem. In my other website, i cant even edit muffin builder. I put some picture and that picture does not appear.

Some website, the color background layout is off. Please help
  • Warning: key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/meetcybe/public_html/mybionano.com.my/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-front.php on line 130

Warning: key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/meetcybe/public_html/mybionano.com.my/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-front.php on line 254

Warning: key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/meetcybe/public_html/mybionano.com.my/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-front.php on line 272

Warning: key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/meetcybe/public_html/mybionano.com.my/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-front.php on line 293

Warning: key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/meetcybe/public_html/mybionano.com.my/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-front.php on line 299

Warning: key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/meetcybe/public_html/mybionano.com.my/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-front.php on line 305
  • Please update your theme to the latest version and check, if your php version is 7 or higher.
    Please provide us with your hosting environment settings, to do that please follow these steps:
    1) Go to the Wordpress > Tools > Site Health http://prntscr.com/nlyb22
    2) Click at the “Info” on the top of the page and open the “Server” tab http://prntscr.com/nlybm2
    3) Take a screenshot of the content inside that ‘Server’ tab http://prntscr.com/nlybyr
    Please make sure you are using Wordpress 5.2 or later, previous versions did not have this option built in.

Please use snag.gy or pasteboard.co to host the screenshot and send us the link to it.

Thanks

• imageThis is it.
  • I have just reinstalled the theme and it did not solve anything. Please advise. Thank you.
  • lbereck,
    Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

Did you check if your theme is up to date?
    Also, please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and try to create new page, check if it works.
    Thanks
  • I've done all of it. 

The plugin, cache, everything. The only thing that i did not do is talking to betheme support. Which i need right now to help me fix this thing. It happen with 3 of my website. All the new one. Which all of it using the latest version of theme, plugin and even wordpress version. 
  • Can you create another topic? I'll ask you for login credentials - I ask you for this because it will be easier to understand which website was yours and which the lbereck website.
    Thanks
  • Dashboard access will not work because you can't even access /wp-admin. Every single page displays that error message no matter if you were logged in or not. What can we do to fix this?
  • Can you re-install BeTheme? You will not lose your content because it's stored in the database.
    Simply remove the BeTheme folder (FTP) from themes and install new package from the Themeforest.

Thanks
  • I have already reinstalled a new version of BeTheme directly from Themeforest.
  • Is your PHP Version 7 or higher? It looks like it does not recognize the function, which could be not working for older versions of php.
    Also, can you remove your child theme? Copy it to your local device, but please remove it from the server for a testing purposes.
    Thanks