Disable the creation of too many thumbnails

Hello,

When using the BeTheme and I upload an image to my site it creates way too many different thumbnails, see screenshot attached. Where can I disable this? Because this is eating up diskspace like no other. Especially when the site will over a thousand original images, I'll have tenthousands of unnecessary thumbnails.

Comments

• Hello,
    Sorry, but it's not available to disable.
    These images are really important to make your website look great, because of this functionality your images are not distorted.
    Thanks
  • Hello.

I hope you realize that this makes your theme unusable for people who also want to use woocommerce?

I get that when I want to use the portfolio item or something with pictures that there need to be thumbnails for that. But if I don't use that, then they shouldn't be created. I have a woocommerce store with over 3000 products. Which normally is around 3000 product images. Because of the creation of unnecessary thumbnails I have over 55000 images already! Honestly I don't understand why you think this is a good idea.

Thumbnails should be created when the image is being used for a certain item.

Guess I'll have to look in the themefiles to remove this and no longer update the theme then. Because I love working with the muffin builder, it's really good. But in combination with woocommerce this system doesn't work. 
  • Yes, to remove that you have to edit the theme files - this is the only way to change that.
    But sadly, We are not able to help you, we do not provide help with customizing theme, wordpress or plugins files.
    Thanks