Update failed

Hello!

Failed to update the theme for any reason, what could this be?
It came up:
Update failed: Package failed to install.

Can you please help me find out why this problem so I can update?
Thank you!

Comments

• Hello,
    Can you send me a link to the screenshot of the whole error message?
    It will be really helpful for me.
    Thanks
  • Hi!

In swedish it says:
    ”An error occurred while updating Betheme:
    The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.”

How do I uppload at screenshot?
  • Hey, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • Hello again!
    I have another problem and it is on a BLOGpage where I have all CATEGORIES i the top. When you click on GÄVLE, for example, the objects are not loaded. You have to click on load more first. This is also the case at SANDVIKEN. The address is https://foretagslokaler.nu/vara-fastigheter/
    What could be the problem? Can you help me with this pleace.

Thankful for a quick response!
    Odette
  • ok that's what it depends on. I had help from another company 
    and they did some things locally and probably got a copy of
    the license key in the process.
    But I'll ask them to remove it.

Thanks so much, but if you can answer the question above as
    well, thank you

• Can you disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check, if the issue still exists?
    Also, you cannot use the "load more" feature with jQuery filtering - you have to disable it and set bigger value of displaying posts.
    Thanks
  • Hi again!
    I was trying to update Betheme on another website and it didn't work on that one either.
    It says: An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.
    What is it that is wrong!!! Why can I not update Betheme on my websites??? I have paid for several licenses and it is not double anywhere! I can't keep on reinstalling every plugins every time I update Betheme. Why can't I update?  Please help me with this!
  • Please help me with this!
    Why can't I update? This is very time consuming!
  • Is it bacause while I was buliding the paige it was on an aliasdomain utveckling1.piik.se and now when the web is ready, I have taken away utveckling1 from the domain, now it is only piik.se

Can you  please help me with this.How will I get around this problem??
  • I could not update the bundled plugins eather? It was the same error: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.
  • Please do what I told in my second reply, this issue is really common issue and it gets resolved after these steps.
    Remember, deregistering your license key won't remove your content of your website.
    Thanks
  • hi, I only de-registered and now i will check my purchase license and  {"error":"No registered licenses for this purchase code and username"} What can i do??
  • That's exactly what I'm afraid of something to happen after I do this when it's on a customer's web that is live.
    Can you guarantee that just unregistering and registering again will work?

• It means, that your license key is ready to register :)
    Thanks
  • What do you mean? It has been registered for months. Please read what my problem is above so I can fix this. Please!
  • ok no I se you answerd dloeffen82.

but please read my fears above so I can try to solve this!
  • Deregistering won't remove you anything from the theme options or the content.
    Please do what I told you few answers earlier, deregister and register it once more and then try before updating your theme/plugins to disable all of the plugins and clear the cache.

If this won't help you, we'll ask you for your dashboard access for your website.
    thanks
  • When I am among my licenses in http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/ and klick on the domain I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

----------

Should I insted directly klick on Deregister? What happens then, where do i register again?

• You should click at "deregister", after you deregister, you will be able to register it on any domain you want.

To register it, just go to the BeTheme > Dashboard

Thanks
  • What does it mean:
    Please remember to delete all theme files before deregistration?? How do I do that?
    It comes up when I press on Deregister

• You don't have to worry about it, it's just a reminder for people who are migrating their content.
    But, if you are worried about your work, please use this plugin to make a backup of files and database:

For best results, please make that backup first.
    Thanks
  • is it ok too take a backup with UpdraftPlus instead of Duplicator?

• We do not support the UpdraftPlus plugin - we know that duplicator works fine with BeTheme and we strongly support to use it.
    Thanks