Question about the search function

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to put this question but I have some questions about the mechanics of the search function. 

www.jeukiboek.be has on the right top the search button, if I search for the word "Roald" I get 33 results and it looks like this:

But if I want to search on the word "Dahl" then the result is this:

It immediately gives me that URL and the books that have as brand Dahl (the field brand is being used for the authors)
Even if I type in https://www.jeukiboek.be/?post_type=product&s=dahl it directs me to the brand Dahl. 

I think this might not have anything to do with the theme but I'm just curious about the working of this search function. 

Comments

• Hello,
    Let me it explain you.
    First, if you look at the ?post_type=product, it want to look for the product or category named like in search field, if category like that exists, it redirect you to the main category page - otherwise, it will work like a normal search functionality and the url will be the same as for searching.

Thanks
  • Hello,

Thanks for the explanation! So because I use a plugin also to put brands on the site, it searches and when it finds a brand with that name it shows that page.

• Yes, exactly.
    Do you have any further questions?
    Thanks