Unable to install bundled premium plugins. Getting "The plugin contains no files".

Hello,

I'm having issues installing all of the plugins via the plugin installer. I keep getting the following error message:

The package could not be installed. The plugin contains no files.

System Information:

WordPress Version: 5.4.1
MySQL Version: 8.0.20
PHP Version:  7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6
PHP Memory Limit:  256 MB
PHP Time Limit:  180
PHP Max Input Vars:  5000
WP Max Upload Size: 1 MB
WP Multisite: Yes
Installed Plugins:
  • Cloudflare
  • iThemes Security Pro
  • iThemes Security Pro - Local QR Codes
  • SendGrid
  • SSH WordPress Integration
  • WP Crontrol
  • WP Offload Media Lite
Active Plugins:
  • iThemes Security Pro - Local QR Codes
  • SendGrid
  • SSH WordPress Integration
  • WP Crontrol
Steps to Reproduce
  1. Activate Theme
  2. Activate Registration
  3. Go to  BeTheme > Install Plugins
  4. Press the "Install" button under the name of any of the bundled plugins
  5. View Error

Comments

• NOTE: I AM able to install the plugins from the WordPress Directory

• Hey, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • I've checked the registration, and there's only 1 domain associated, but the domain is for the WPMU main site, not the sub-site (which sits under a completely different domain).

I WAS able to install the plugins by activating the theme under the main domain, however the slider revolution plugin doesn't seem to be working correctly. When checking the database, it doesn't appear that the tables have been created correctly.
  • Can you send me a link to your website?
    I have to check what's wrong with the RevSlider.
    Thanks
  • I've sent a private message from my main user: htchief ([email protected]) with the information. Please confirm that you've received it.
  • Have you received the private message? Did you get the requested information?
  • So I have figured out the issue with Side Revolution, but since I don't have a license with them I can't open up a bug report.

The issue is that their DB structure is not compatible with MySQL Version: 8.0.20 due to it not having a primary key set.
  • Yes, I did.
    But I do not see any issue with RevSlider on bitcoin website, can you explain the problem?
    Thanks
  • The problem was that I wasn't able to install it due to this error:

WordPress database error Unable to create or change a table without a primary key, when the system variable 'sql_require_primary_key' is set. Add a primary key to the table or unset this variable to avoid this message. Note that tables without a primary key can cause performance problems in row-based replication, so please consult your DBA before changing this setting. for query CREATE TABLE wp_2_revslider_slides (
      id int(9) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      slider_id int(9) NOT NULL,
      slide_order int not NULL,
      params LONGTEXT NOT NULL,
      layers LONGTEXT NOT NULL,
      settings text NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
      UNIQUE KEY id (id)
    )

I had to manually add PRIMARY KEY id (id) to all table creation queries to get it to work. The issue is now resolved on my end, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to update RevSlider until the issue is resolved on their end.
  • If something will make your RevSlider or website work bad, please tell us.
    It's necessary for us too, because it could be a problem with BeTheme or bundled plugins, so we have to test it.

It's really important for us, to make our theme bugs free ;)
    Thanks
  • In order to fix the issue, you need to update the file:

./public/revslider-front.class.php

And add the highlighted text:

UNIQUE KEY id (id),
    PRIMARY KEY id (id)

to all of the CREATE TABLE queries under the create_tables function.