Video is autoplaying

I uploaded a video into the Media files, and then used Muffin builder to put it on a page. It looks great!

How can I make it so people have to click on it to view it? It starts the video as soon as the page loads, and I don't want that. I tried the "autoplay=0" code, but it still autoplays. 

How can I disable the autoplay for video uploads?

Comments

• Hi,

how you used this video exactly? Please show us how you did it and we'll see if in this case it is possible to stop autoplay.

Thanks!
  • I just uploaded the video to the media folder, both the OGG and MP4 files. 

I just need to know how to make it not autoplay. The "autoplay=0" code does not seem to work. 

Is it possible that this is a bug in the theme?

• I'm interested in the answer to this question as well.
  • The autoplay only happens with the videos that have been uploaded to the media library. The problem does not occur with embedded videos from YouTube and Vimeo. 
  • Ok, but OGG and MP4 videos can be used for sections only as background videos. And if this is what you mean, then it is not possible to turn off auto play for background videos.
  • No, I do not mean to use them as background videos. This is not what I am talking about. 

I am using the "Video" element in Muffin Builder to add a video over a background. The video is auto-playing. I want web visitors to click to start the playing. How can I do that?

My original question:
    "I uploaded a video into the Media files, and then used Muffin builder to put it on a page. It looks great!

How can I make it so people have to click on it to view it? It starts the video as soon as the page loads, and I don't want that. I tried the "autoplay=0" code, but it still autoplays. 

How can I disable the autoplay for video uploads?"

I used the video as an element over a background image, not as the background itself. So we need to fix this bug so it does not autoplay. 

Please tell us how to address this issue. Thank you.
  • I think that much better will be if you can send us access to your dashboard within private message so we can have a look on what you did because we are not sure what you are talking about as we don't have any item with self hosted videos. If you don't know how to send private message, please take a look at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/2783/important-learn-how-to-send-private-message#latest
  • Okay, I sent you a private message with access credentials. The page with the video is 

I uploaded the video to the media folder and the video autoplays and loops. I want the visitor to have to click on the video to play it, and I want it to stop once it finishes playing. No autoplay, no looping. Thank you!
  • I am still waiting for an answer to this question. Can you please answer?
  • We already sent you more details on pm. Will be great if you can answer on pm only. Thanks!
  • edited June 2022

Hello

I use Video element, I would like to know how can I disable the autoplay?

I tried to use the parameter "autoplay=0&loop=1", but video starts anyway.

But, I found that video doesn't start when this parameter is written with a space, like " autoplay=0&loop=1"

My second question, can I specify Start parameter (time when video starts) for Video element, like cq2Ef6rvL6g?start=45

Do you have the element like Icon Box, but for the video? I like its design, when the picture is captioned below.

I would like to create the same for a video, instead of using the table.

• Hi @vasylpostolovskyi,

1) The video autoplay issue was resolved in the recent update. Please, update your theme, and all should be fine.

2) You can add this parameter in the parameters field, and your video will start from this second.

3) Unfortunately, we do not have such an element. If you would like to see it in the future updates, please, let us know on the following topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

Thanks