Featured image on portfolio

Hi, 

i have one portfolio part on my website. 
two little things:

I don´t want featured images to be displayed on the single portfolio items, but there is no option in theme options. 
and images are very blurry in image gallery when there is the overview, when you click on them, they are sharp. 
How can I solve these problems?

Thanks a lot and kind regards
Caro

Comments

• Hello Caro,
    1) Please use this CSS code:
    body.single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper{
    display:none !important;
    }

2) You have to increase the featured images sizes:
    To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media.
    Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks
  • Hi Pablo, 
    thanks, No 1 works fine.

But @2
    I did change image size of featured images in single portfolio on actual size of images (1500x780). now images are blurry AND flashing: 

i did use plugin regenerate thumbnails.
    can you help?
    Thanks. Caro

• It means, that your images are probably too small.
    If your images are smaller than declared (1500x780px) resolution, then images which does not cross that value will not be touched, they will remain as they are already.

Please check, which resolution these images have, and provide a little bit smaller resolution in these fields.
    Thanks
  • Hi, 
    but my images are exactely that size: 1500x780. 
    what do you mean with "provide a little bit smaller resolution in these fields?" which fields do you mean?
    Thanks. 

• But, you provided the value in Theme Options, which is not correct the gallery item is treated like default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media, there you should change these values.

Remember to use forge thumbnail regeneration
    Thanks
  • Thanks, Pablo, you are right. now it works with the blury thing. But still images are flickering when you hover them, in all browsers. 
    do you know why this happens?
    thanks. caro
  • Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of your browser and check, if the flickering still appear.
    It's usually related to plugins.

thanks
  • I did try that, unfortunately this time this could not solve the issue. 
    is there another reason why this might happen?
    thanks
  • It's because of your custom css code, after removing whole code from Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS it works fine.
    thanks
  • Hi Pablo, thanks. I found the rascal. 
    Thanks for your help!