Background video is also loaded on mobile although not shown

Hello,
I have been able to verify that although there is a background video and a background image in a section, it is also loaded on the phone (in the background) and delays the loading (although later the video does not show and the image is shown), but the video it charges equally.

This I have been able to verify in more than one project.
If you can verify it internally, I think it would help a lot, since in projects where the client should put it, he has complained that the mobile takes a long time to load (since it goes in 3g or 4g, and not in wifi / fiber optics like at home ) and obviously I can't leave this functionality enabled.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hello,
    It should not display the video on mobile, I tested it on my local machine and it work correctly.
    Can you send me a link to your website?

Also, did you test, if it works with all of the plugins disabled? (and cache cleared after disabling the plugins)
    thanks
  • Hello,
    Before opening a support ticket, I always consider doing all the necessary "typical" tests. So yes, I have tried everything.

And let me correct you: at no time did I say that the video would be shown on mobile. I have precisely given, I believe, a very detailed explanation of the problem.

I explicitly said that it was not seen but that it DID LOAD IN THE BACKGROUND (please, reread my previous explanation and see all the images).

As for the project, I cannot give you the url at the moment because the client asked me not to have this functionality until this big problem could be solved. But as I told you, not only does it happen in this last project, but always.

I do not intend to be rude at any time, but it has already happened to me many times in this medium that I have had to repeat the same things many times in order for it to be understood and many hours and days have been lost.
  • I understand everything, even without that explanation you sent me right now.
    But, I have to be sure, that it's not a fault of the plugins or scripts which were provided by you - it's the most common trouble maker.

Is there any chance to get that url? Can you send me it in private?
    It will be hard me to check what can be the problem without the link to the page - I do not see it on the local machine so I cannot recreate the issue at all.

thanks
  • I can put it on for a few minutes so you can see it for yourself.
    How do I send it to you privately?
  • Please send this information privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I will talk to the client and create a page so you can see it.
    This last project is under maintenance so until a few days I will not be able to send you the FO link.
    I send it to you privately indicating this ticket.
  • Hi,

Could it be possible to have the answer please, because I have the same issue.

Thanks.

• Please follow this topic, I'll investigate it and give a response.
    thanks
  • Hi @slecouster.
    While I am in maintenance, could you send a sample link so they can move forward on this big problem?
    Tnks
  • Hello @pablo

Did you find something to solve the issue with the bg video ?

Thanks for your feedback

Regards

Stéphanie.
  • Hello @slecouster,
    Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.
    Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.
    Thanks
  • The video on the background cannot be playing because it's hidden by display:none on mobile.

So, it's working fine, what is the issue?
    Thanks
  • Pablo,
    I don't want to be misled but whenever I have a problem the same thing happens to you.
    Please, I ask you to reread the post I wrote at the beginning, since I NEVER said to watch the video.
    Knowing that this would happen, I said explicitly: "I explicitly said that it was not seen but that it DID LOAD IN THE BACKGROUND (please, reread my previous explanation and see all the images)."
    So please, I ask you again to read the problem well since the same thing always happens every time a ticket is opened with you.
    I repeat, I don't want to be rude, but the same thing always happens.
    Thank you.

• Yes it's hidden with YOUR layout.css file. That's the issue.

So what can I do ? Do I have to force it in the custom css, or is there an option somewhere ?

As you probably saw, I did not change the "responsive visibility" in the section option.

I don't see anything in the theme option - responsive part.

Thanks for you answer.
  • edited July 2020
    Let me explain why it happen with greater details:
    It's not good idea to remove the whole video (or stop loading - it must download some of the video informations anyway) when it's on mobile, it's because it's in the html structure and this is how it's hardcoded, changing functionality that is not a solution.

When somebody would be on tablet (changing rotation) or while resizing it would load huge JS script which would insert that video inside the html once more, so it would take some time to load and could make the "flickering" effect.

The Responsive Visibility option won't remove the html code from structure, it does the same as with that video, it makes it 'display:none'

All that we can suggest is to make the video slimmer, by optimizing it.
    If you would like to remove it from the html code completely when it's on mobile, you have to edit the theme files or add some js code which will do such thing.
    Thanks
  • OK I understand, what I don't have to do, but is it possible to keep the video active on mobile ?

You suggest me to optimize my video , is it because my video is too bigger that it is not display on mobile ?

sorry but it's not very clear for me.
  • If you want to display video on mobile, you will have to use the Revolution Slider plugin instead.
    Just create a slider with video and insert it with a shortcode, it will be displayed on all of the devices then.

thanks
  • I think Pablo is not correct.
    I, on my page, when I edit the specific DIV for mobile I do not add any video. I'm only showing you a photo, basically because I'm not interested in showing a video, whether it's optimized or not.
    So I don't know why it has to show something that I really don't want it to load.
    I understand that it really loads everything you design on the page and then shows or not the content according to what you have marked in which screen width you want it to be displayed in order to edit each part well.
    But this solution of "display: none", internally, is a bad idea because the only thing it does is delay the page loading code that will never be displayed.
    What you would have to do is that instead of doing a "display: none", it is that when designing a specific section for mobile, if the frame that is really for mobile should no longer load what is not marked to show in mobile.
    It is the most logical.
    Yes, you can do a JS to hide the content that is not relevant, but still load the content even after you delete it.
    So we are with the same problem: that it loads information that it is told it should never show.
  • Yes, you are right, the "display:none" is not a best way to remove it, but we cannot change it completely, because it could change the whole html structure and it could make further issues on actual, stable websites of the customers.

As we both agreed, it can be achieved with the JS code to insert that video when you are on desktop, and it will be the best way.

The delay from the video and display:none is not a time-taking process, more important are compressed images and good hosting.
    Thanks