Updated BE theme cannot activate RevSlider

Rev slider is in my list of plugins, but when I try to activate it, I get this:  

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(572): RevSliderBaseAdmin::addMetaBox('Revolution Slid...', '', Array, NULL) #1 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(73): RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox() #2 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(44): RevSliderAdmin->init() #3 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(162): RevSliderAdmin->__construct('/home/ednoyesco...') #4 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(2297): include('/home/ednoyesco...') #5 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(191): plugin_sandbox_scrape('revslider/revsl...') #6 {main} thrown in /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 71

Comments

• I registered the updated theme and was able to complete the update of rev slider.
  • Hello,
    Is the issue resolved? I do not quite understand.
    Thanks
  • I'm getting a similar error... I can't activate the plugin.  says

Downloading installation package from http://api.muffingroup.com/plugins/download.php?code=(masked)&plugin=revslider

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

The package could not be installed. The plugin contains no files.

Plugin installation failed.

• ljcallander,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)
    After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • This is not resolved. I cannot activate Rev Slider. I get the same error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(572): RevSliderBaseAdmin::addMetaBox('Revolution Slid...', '', Array, NULL) #1 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(73): RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox() #2 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(44): RevSliderAdmin->init() #3 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(162): RevSliderAdmin->__construct('/home/ednoyesco...') #4 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(2297): include('/home/ednoyesco...') #5 /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(191): plugin_sandbox_scrape('revslider/revsl...') #6 {main} thrown in /home/ednoyesconsultin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 71
  • @gbhutto Please bsend us WordPress dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can take a closer look. Please do not forget to let us know in a message, what for this access is.
  • I also cannot up the Rev Slider

WordPress version 5.5.1
    BeTheme Version 21.8.6

Slider Revolution will not update 
    UpdateSlider Revolution
    Bundled Premium Plugin
    6.2.22Available version:
    Active, Requires Update

If I try to update the plugin - i get message that reads:
    Updating Plugin: Slider Revolution
    The plugin is at the latest version.
    It will not update to latest version and it still in on 5.4.8Installed version
  • Can you send us a link to the screenshot with that error message?
    Thanks
  • Thanks Pablo,
    I just emailed it to <[email protected]>
  • Update for those others that may have an issue. Disables all plugins and REV SLIDER was then able to update.  I can't be sure which one was causing the issue