Search bar color and search results layout

Hello,
I searched the forum but unfontunatly don't find what I tried to find.

So when I activate the search icon I get a white search box with white text, so you can't read the text.
I find how to change the box color, but where can I change the search text color?

And, 2nd question: I want to turn off the text above the heading (published, author and date) on the search result page. On the screenshot you can see what I mean. The red circuled ones should not be shown. Where can I switch that off?

Sorry for bad English, thanks for help :-)
Sarah

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

thanks
  • Ähm, yes, and my questions?
  • I need your webiste to check this white search text by inspecting its source.
    Also I need it for the second part of your question and make proper CSS Code, so without a link to your website my hands are tied.

Greetings
  • Oh sorry! Get is wrong.

The page URL is www.buero-albers.de.

The search is not active now. Do I have to switch it on? Our customer should not see a wrong working search. Is it possible with deactivaded search?
  • To hide text above headings go to "Betheme > Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS" and paste there following CSS Code
    body.search .author-date{
    display: none!important;
    }
    Sorry, but I cannot help you with search section if it is not active, can you enable it for a while?

Best regards
  • Thanks so much for the CSS.

Search is now online. I colored the search box blue, so customers and users can read what they are writing. But it would be fine to have the box white and the text blue or black :-)

Thanks for help :-)
  • Try to put also following CSS Custom Code in the same place like before
    #Top_bar .search_wrapper input[type="text"]{
    color:#000!important;
    }
    Thanks