open submenu

Hi,

When I click on a submenu entry, the menu collapses.

How can I achieve, that I stays open when switching to the selected page/post?

Thx in advance

Markus

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• In widget options, please, select Show on hover, always show active and check if it is what you wanted to achieve.

Thanks

• it works when hovering

but unfortunately I need it on click

• Sorry, but unfortunately, there is no option to have the same functionality on click.

To achieve that, you would have to modify the theme files, but we do not provide help with such customization.

Best regards

• ok, i see

are there any hints regarding the adaption of the "show on hover" functionality?

I´d like to have the opening and closing of the submenu box a little bit smoother resp. less nervously

• There is an option to slow down the open effect with a custom CSS code, and placing it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS. But the closing effect will stay it is.

Do you need help with writing it?

Thanks

• I see, pure CSS.

No need for help, thx.

The original code is in \betheme\css\layout.css. It can be re-defined with custom css (in the respective locations, eg. child theme style.css etc.)

Attached is a screenshot for posterity ;-)