BeTheme: Trying to make the header fit a 1024 x 768 display

Dear muffingroup guys,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for such an amazing theme. I hope I will master it soon and make our website work on its basis :)

Currently I'm facing some questions regarding the header and top menu. I'm using a boxed layout, with a highlighted menu.

Here are my questions (see image below for a better understanding):

How can I make the header and the line height of the menu options more narrow (i.e: not so tall)?

Regarding making my menu fit a 1024 px. wide display:

How can I fit my menu up to displays 1024 px. wide? 

I think the best way to go would be making the padding on the left and the right equivalent to the top padding and reducing a little bit the gaps in between menus. Do you agree? If so,which files and parameters should I modify? (I'd rather prefer working on the required .php or .css files than drop just custom css)

Comments

• Hey,

yes, we totally agree with you. The only way to put menu in one line with logo on such a small screens, you must decrease padding between menu items. If you will send us url to your website, we can tell you how to do this.

Thanks!
  • edited May 2015
    Hi!

Currently I have switched on the under construction page so I'm afraid that sending you my URL won't help.

Could you tell me which files and code lines should be edited? 
  • Sorry but we do not offer any files modifications. We only provide some css tricks and this is how this should be done. If you can't show us website, then you must play with css yourself under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section.
  • I'm not asking to modify any files for me, just to help me finding out the files and code lines that I should edit, just like you did, for example, in this thread.

In case this would be an issue could you answer to the above questions without needing to see the web itself? After all it's just your standard Be Theme with a boxed layout, and a classic-sticky header with some menu titles.

As I understand getting access to the website would just be necessary to find out how many pixels the padding has to be modified, but you can leave this hassle up to me :)
  • We do not support those kind modifications in files longer because users got more and more problems later. All modifications belongs to website developers only. We can give only custom css as we mentioned. If you will send us url to page where you want to remove sticky header, we'll tell you how to do this.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Well, in this case I'll come back to you with this question once we will have our site online.

Thanks for caring.