Templates for a product page

Hi there,

I am designing a template for a specific product page with a product tag "tmfile". The template has a number of pricing options that need to be selectable by checkboxes. At the moment, the page renders in a manner where the options are all squashed to the left, instead of full page width (despite the template being designed so that the product price is meant to be full width). Please see here: https://www.legallegends.co.za/22042021/services/custom-popi-policy-privacy-statement-copy/

How do I correct this?

Comments

• Hello,

Please, turn off all of the plugins except WooCommerce, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you are using a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

Thanks

• I have tried the above, the issue still persists. Further, for some reason when trying to activate the parent theme, even though I am the administrator it says "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page."

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Sorry, but I do not see a parent theme on your themes list.

Please, check the following link:

https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/installation-updates/

Follow the steps, from there, install a fresh copy of Betheme, switch to it, and check if the problem persists.

Thanks

• Hi there, the parent them is there. When I went into BeCustom, and then to the branding tabs, I renamed the branding, which also renamed the theme. I have now deleted where I inserted the branding text, and you will see that the BeTheme parent theme is there

• I can see that you do not have the newest version of Betheme.

Please switch to parent, update it, check if it helps, and let me know about the results.

Thanks

• Thanks, updated to version 25.1.3 but unfortunately the same issue is still persisting

• You had Add to cart item set to 1/2, and it was the source of the problem.

I changed it to 1/1, and now the display is better.

Thanks

• Thanks Phil, appreciate it, although on mobile it still displays terribly (see mobilr image below / attached).

I have also noticed that by changing the above to 1/1 it also changed the products with template "Product Page Template" which did not have the product tag "tmfile", which it shouldn't have. I have since reduced the add to cart size on the template "Product Page Template" and tried to exclude the product which has the "tmfile" tag, but it still affects both. See product URL's below (the second product has the tag "tmfile":

https://www.legallegends.co.za/22042021/services/custom-popi-policy-privacy-statement-copy/

I have also, for the product with the tag "tmfile", tried to revert to the default templates that come with the theme by deleting the custom template that I created for that specific product and excluding this specific product by its tag in the custom template "Product Page Template", but still this template remains on the product with tag "tmfile" (even after clearing the cache).

How can I correct these display issues?

• 1) Please, put the following CSS code in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

.woocommerce .column_product_cart_button .cart {
       flex-wrap: wrap;
    }
    .woocommerce .column_product_cart_button .wc-pao-addons-container {
       flex-basis: 100%;
    }
    .woocommerce .column_product_cart_button .cart .button {
       width: auto;
    }

2) Excluding is an issue that should not appear. We will take a look at it and try to fix it in the next update.

Thanks

• Thanks Phil,

I have added the CSS and although it looks better, its still not suitable. Please see the link below. This is the true length of all the choices to be added. As they are lengthily, the choices should be full screen width, not to the left. Also, I was going to place the content of the choices and add to cart all in the bottom grey segment (currently whether the product content is).

https://www.legallegends.co.za/22042021/services/custom-popi-policy-privacy-statement-copy/

With creating templates this really should have been an easy job for me, but this is quite a big issue with the theme if you cannot create templates for individual products. Do you know when there might be a fix?

• This is an external WooCommerce plugin, and except for changing the item width to 1/1 and the CSS I have sent, unfortunately, I cannot do anything more.

The fix should be available in the next update. Usually, we release updates every two weeks on mondays.

Best regards

• Ok thank you. I will keep an eye open for the update

• Hi Phil,

I have uninstalled the external party plugin that you were referring to, being the Product Addons Plugin by Woocommerce, and I have installed a new plugin, WooCommerce Product Add Ons Ultimate by Plugin Rebublic.

I am still having the exact same issue.

Will the update you are referring to solve the issue regardless of which of the above 2 plugins are used?

• Sorry, but as I said, I cannot help with the layout except the custom CSS I have sent before.

The fix will resolve the problem with the exclude for templates in Betheme in general.

Best regards

• Ok thanks Phil,

I wasnt asking for help with the CSS layout, just whether the issue of the excluding templates would be solved regardless of plugin with the update. Just to note, even if I deactivate the plugin referred to above, and have only the standard Woocommerce plugin, the exclude template by product tag still doesnt work.

• The problem with excluding will be resolved for the standard WooCommerce, so it should be solved regardless of the plugin.

Thanks

• Hi Phil, I am still having major issues with product templates. The update has not solved the issue. For a few days they worked when including and excluding using product tags, but have now stopped working completely when I added a new template design. Only the new template design is working on the product page it was applied to.

Please see a screenshot below of the product page templates and conditions applied. And please see any example of a product page which should have a custom template applied, but which does not: https://www.legallegends.co.za/22042021/services/comprehensive-trademark-search/

I really need this issue to be sorted out, as it is causing me alot of frustration.

• Can you disable your plugins and switch to the parent theme again, please?

If this will not help please, send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Thanks. It still hasnt worked. I have sent a message on the contact form

• Your template has to be misconfigured somewhere.

I have created a new template (muffin test) with the same content, includes, and excludes, and it is working.

Can you check it, please?

Thanks

• Thanks Phil, I will check this week