Be 25.1.6.1 Call to undefined function mfna_templates()

Anyone else seeing this on betheme/functions/post-types/class-mfn-post-type-template.php:36

I just updated and got the fatal error. Was able to comment out line 36 to bring the site back up.

Comments

• Hello,

Can you tell me what version of WP and PHP do you have, please?

Are you using a child theme?

Best regards

• Yes on the Child theme.

WP: 5.8.2

PHP: 7.4.26

• Just updated to Version: 25.1.7 and experience same issue.

• I've updated to use the latest functions.php within the child theme and that didn't solve anything. Same with doing a manual update to the theme.

[21-Dec-2021 15:43:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfna_templates() in /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/post-types/class-mfn-post-type-template.php:36

Stack trace:

#0 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/post-types/class-mfn-post-type-template.php(500): Mfn_Post_Type_Template->__construct()

#1 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions.php(74): require_once('/home/alicias/p...')

#2 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-settings.php(546): include('/home/alicias/p...')

#3 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-config.php(92): require_once('/home/alicias/p...')

#4 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/home/alicias/p...')

#5 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/alicias/p...')

#6 /home/alicias/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/alicias/p...')

#7 {main}

thrown in /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/post-types/class-mfn-post-type-template.php on line 36

I do see the method in the theme-options.php file. Commenting out line (36) out allows the site to load. However, this causes a lot of consequences in the backend with the editor not working, which is probably not surprising:

[21-Dec-2021 15:49:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfna_section_style() in /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-fields.php:281

Stack trace:

#0 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-fields.php(43): Mfn_Builder_Fields->set_section()

#1 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-admin.php(74): Mfn_Builder_Fields->__construct()

#2 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/post-types/class-mfn-post-type.php(142): Mfn_Builder_Admin->set_fields()

#3 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1395): Mfn_Post_Type->show_box(Object(WP_Post), Array)

#4 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-admin/includes/post.php(2274): do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), 'normal', Object(WP_Post))

#5 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-admin/edit-form-blocks.php(296): the_block_editor_meta_boxes()

#6 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-admin/post.php(187): require('/home/alicias/p...')

#7 {ma in /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-fields.php on line 281

[21-Dec-2021 15:49:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfna_section_style() in /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-fields.php:281

Stack trace:

#0 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-fields.php(43): Mfn_Builder_Fields->set_section()

#1 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/classes/visual-builder-class.php(181): Mfn_Builder_Fields->__construct()

#2 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/visual-builder.php(77): MfnVisualBuilder->mfn_load_sidebar()

#3 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): mfnvb_init_vb(16845)

#4 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)

#5 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)

#6 /home/alicias/public_html/wp-admin/post.php(363): do_action('post_action_mfn...', 16845)

#7 {main}

thrown in /home/alicias/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/class-mfn-builder-fields.php on line 281

I'm going to hold off for a while making any updates to my other sites unless I have a dev version around somewhere I can experiment on.

• My child theme has a lot more overrides than I typically do for a site on this one. I think I need to spend some time updating the templates, so you can close/ignore this unless I reach out again.

• It was me. Replaced the footer template and everything worked again.

• I am glad that you found the root cause.

If is there anything else, I can help you with, please, let me know.

Thanks