Add Google fonts locally as custom fonts

Hello,

I have read you help on how to store Google Fonts locally as Custom Fonts.

Having said this, if a Google font is using 8 styles (FontName Regular 100, FontName Bold Italic 400 etc.) is it necessary to create 8 custom fonts in theme options with relative woff files? In this case, will I then have to replace each instance of G font in Theme Options - Fonts with the particular variant of each font? I'm attaching a screenshot to make my question clearer.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Hey,

if each file contains specific style of the font, then yes, you have to upload 8 different files. However, if it contains all styles in one file, then uploading one file would be enough.

• Thanks. Is the option in Theme Settings - Performance - Cache fonts local an alternative to the Custom Font method? I tried it on one site which, apart from a page which contains a Revolution Slider, worked well. On another site, the same method broke menu css.

As well, can the same be done with Font Awesome?

• Yes, indeed. This is an alternative so Google Fonts may load locally from the same server as website and not from Google. Font Awesome loads locally always so there is no such option.

• Tried the "Cache fonts local" on four of our sites with BeTheme and unfortunately they are all still making calls to fonts.googleapis.com and fonts.gstatic.com.

All have latest version of the theme and no caching plugins.

Is there something I'm missing?

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access to one of these websites privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks