Sidebars for WooCommerce pages

Hi,

I have a problem to set up displaying any sidebar on WooCommerce pages. I need mainly just a navigation bar there. I tried to follow the following documentation: https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/woocommerce/how-to-set-sidebar/

After this nothing happens - no sidebar appears even on the main page of the shop (neither in categories or products)

A also checked the widget is linked to the woocommerce plugin:

Also side bar in Shop tab are activated:

What is interesting, that even variation swatches or even when I enable the SideCart nothing changes.

I don't have any sidebars set up in the Sidebar setup (but it doesnt seem to do any difference).

Also the layout is set up to inherit settings of a page:

What I am missing, that the sidebar is not showing?

Thank you.

Kamil

Comments

• Hi,

I can see that you do not have the newest version of the Betheme. So firstly, please, update it, and check if the problem persists.

Also, please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

Thanks

• Thank you for your response :) However I am struggling with how to update the theme. According "HowTo" page I should find a BeTheme Tab on my dashboard, where I should update the theme, after I register a license key.

However on WP dashboard there is no BeTheme tab, and under BeTheme tab in the main menu, there is a possibility to register the license key, but no update button or link.

Thanks again for your help.

• You can BeCustom plugin active where you can find a possibility to change the name of our theme to any of your choices and disable the update button.

Please, enter this plugin, and check if the update button is not hidden there.

Thanks

• edited May 2022

This was helpful, thank you :) But, the update failed:

It says:

Downloading https://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?code=0b2c...

Unpacking...

Installation...

Update failed.

[The packacge cannot be intalled. It does not contain any files.]

I am sending the System Status to show that the ZipArchive is installed:

• This message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard).

After that, get into the license manager once more. If the license key is still claimed - deregister it. If it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins a couple of times (usually, it passes after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

Moreover, from your System Status, I can see that you have a low max input vars value. So, please, contact your hosting provider to increase this value to at least 5000.

Thanks

• Thanks, I managed to update the theme. However after update there is an Elementor debugger saying: "Template File: No Templates for condition > Betheme - woocommerce.php".

Thanks for helping me!

• Well, I created a template with left sidebar. Now the sidebar is rendered, but I can only add Shop Products into the template.

If I do so, it is not respecting the setting in Themes>Settings>WooCommerce, where I defined that I want to display only subcategories within categories (it displays a few products at each level without pagination).

When I do not link any template in BeTheme Options, it works quite well, just not displaying the sidebar with the CategoryTree widget.

Thanks for your help ! :)

• There is an item called Shop Categories, which you can use in a template.

However, to show the sidebar for shop pages without a template, edit the main shop page, and choose the sidebar position there.

Best regards

• Hi,

setting up the sidebar for the main shop page helped, even if we do not use it :)

Thank you for your help!

• I am glad I could help.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please, let me know.

Thanks