Hide Inaccessible Areas in White label Mode

Following a recent update, the "white label" mode has taken a step backwards.

The "Be" logo is shown in the admin and some of the child pages in the menu from the theme are shown - but are not accessible. When clicked into, they show "This feature is disabled in White Label" mode.

In white label mode, could you please:

• Remove the Be logo
  • Remove "Manual & Support" sub menu
  • Remove "Changelog" sub menu
  • Remove "Tools" sub menu
  • Remove "Deregister" button on "Dashboard"
  • Remove the "Discover pre-built websites" link

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

The White Label feature is deprecated. We recommend using the BeCustom plugin instead.

You can see its possibilities, and how it works under the following video tutorial:

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/how-to-rebrand-be-and-wp-admin-with-the-becustom-branding-tool/

If any options are missing that you think should be included in it, please, let us know on the following topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

Thanks

• Thanks.

Could you perhaps add a notice to the admin to advise of this if the below definition is set?

define( 'WHITE_LABEL', true );

• Also, just to report some bugs I have found with this plugin:

• Menu icon has defaulted back to "dashicons-admin-generic"
    • "More details" link below the "System Status" on the "Dashboard" goes to wrong URL when the settings URL has been customised (hard coded to ?page=be-status)
    • "Useful Links" below "System Status" on the "Dashboard" go to options that should not be available
    • "Tools" tab mentions "BeBuilder" in two locations
    • "Tools" tab has links to "Performance" and "Fonts > Family" which are hard-coded to the ?page=be-options URL
    • "BeCustom" menu option is shown - this should not be available to any user who cannot "manage_options"

A feature request would be to allow users with specific capabilities to bypass the white label mode - perhaps introducing a filter which could be used like: add_filter("be_custom_whitelabel_bypass_capability", "manage_options")

Thanks

• Thanks for reporting.

I have passed it to the dev team so that we will take a closer look at it.

However, about the:

BeCustom" menu option is shown - this should not be available to any user who cannot "manage_options"

The BeCustom plugin is visible only for the users with the Administrator role. However, you can see it in the 3:05 minute video tutorial I sent you in my previous message.

All feature requests, please, leave in this topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

Thanks to that, we will not miss it among other forum discussions.

Thanks

• Thanks, however my "editor" account can still see the BeCustom plugin.

https://pasteboard.co/140tXIw2bmn0.png

Also, from the above - they are not "feature requests", but bugs in the system.

I'd appreciate it if you can take these on as such, and not put them into a "feature request" queue.

Thanks

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

I have reported the bugs to the dev team, and they will be resolved in the next Betheme update.

About the feature request, I meant the last thing you mentioned in the previous message:

allow users with specific capabilities to bypass the white label mode

This is not a bug, and if you want to see it in future updates, please, leave your suggestion in the topic created for it.

Thanks

• Thanks, I have now done this.

Understood about the feature request... thanks.

• I have created a new user MFTest with the Editor role, and BeCustom is not available for it.

However, I noticed that you are using a plugin for custom roles. Sorry, but we did not test this plugin with the theme. Our policy states that we do not support third-party plugins or custom code, so, unfortunately, we cannot help you with roles created with it.

Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:

https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

Thanks

• Sorry, my mistake - I had forgotten to grant the user the "edit_theme_options" capability.

I have sent an email back with an updated password to the account, if you could take another look?

I understand you cannot provide compatibility with third party plugins, however I don't believe this is related.

Please feel free to disable the capabilities plugin for your tests, re-enabling when done.

• BeCustom was created for the fundamental WordPress user roles. Unfortunately, we do not support and use this plugin, so we did not prepare BeCustom to work with the roles with modified privileges.

In sum, BeCustom works correctly for the basic WP roles, and it is visible only for the users with admin rights. Hence we cannot help you with that.

Best regards

• Thanks for your reply.

To be clear, the user capabilities plugin should not affect anything here. I have tested also on another site without the capabilities plugin.

Specifically, the issue is:

• You have created a plugin to allow for white labelling (great!)
    • This plugin should not be accessible anyone other than an administrator (correct!)
    • You suggest setting the other users up with "editor" roles (perfect! That's exactly what I already do)
    • Editor roles do not have "edit_theme_options" as a permission by default (stumbling block)
    • There is the no way for an editor to view any of the BeTheme (or white labelled) theme options (so there is no need for white labelling? But they can't make theme changes!)
    • All administrators who can edit the theme options can also see BeCustom (fine, in theory)
    • The only way a user could access the theme options - but not have access to plugins - is to have them set as an editor and modify editor role (with a capabilities plugin) to permit "edit_theme_options"

There's therefore a logical step missing here.

I hope this all makes sense and invite you to:

1. Test your local install as an administrator and enable/configure BeCustom
    2. Create a user with the editor role
    3. Log in as that user and see if the theme menu is available to them

If your intention is still to allow non administrators to edit theme options, your plugin will either have to change - or support the ability to show to users with the "edit_theme_options" capability, regardless of their user role.

Thanks for your help so far, hopefully this helps clear it up.

• I will pass it on to the rest of our team, and we will discuss it all.

Best regards

• Thanks much appreciated.