Empty Cart after adding product

Hi,

I started experiencing this issue recently after the theme update.

Before I was using "add to cart notification" plugin it worked fine always. When I updated the theme, I found out that there is side cart option built in the theme so I deleted the notification plugin and started using the side cart option and it was good.

Now here is the issue. The product doesn't show up in the side cart when a product is added, and the cart icon on the top bar also doesn't show any product. But if I click on the empty cart icon on the top bar, it takes the user to the shop page( www.example.com/shop) and the product appears inside the cart icon.

If you click again on the cart icon, it takes you to the checkout page with product.

----------

Now I have disabled the side cart in theme option and installed the add to cart notification plugin again. But issue remains same. When the user click on add to cart , nothing happens. But after that, if the moves to a second product and add that to cart, now the pop-up works and cart now shows both products.

------

(I use direct checkout plugin to skip the cart page and take the user to the checkout page direct, if that has any sense to make. )

Here's a direct url to a product page

Please let me know if there is a solution for this issue.

Comments

• Update: I tried to rule out the issue myself all night and finally when I deactivated the "Disable Cart Fragments" plugin, it seem to have solved the issue.

I've been using this plugin for about an year and never caused an issue, and my previous developer assured me that , this plugin speeds up the website. Although my issue seem to have solved, I would like to hear from you as well, if you think this plugin could have caused the issue.

Thank you for your time.

• Hi,

Sorry, but we did not test this plugin with the theme. Our policy states that we do not support third-party plugins or custom code, so, unfortunately, we cannot help you.

Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:

https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

Thanks

• Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I thought I solved the issue by deactivating the plugin. But I just noticed that the issue still remains. The cart remains empty after adding the product. I'm not sure if the issue is intermittent because I just received an order from the customer for the same product. Later on when I'm examining to see if the issue has been solved, it remains same.

Here's the product link https://opticone.ae/product/naturel-monthly-color-lens/

• I can see that you are using a variation plugin for that product.

Some plugins require a page reload to properly load all data.

Please, go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products, and uncheck the AJAX option.

After that, everything should work.

Best regards

• Hi, seems like that did the trick. But the beautiful side cart doesn't slide in anymore when Ajax is turned off. Am I able to choose either one of this only?

• If you want to use your plugins, then there is no other way to have both.

The side cart opens after product addition only with the AJAX option enabled.

I do not know which plugin/plugins exactly cause it, but if it is the plugin responsible for the colors swatches, you can redo them with our feature with which AJAX works correctly.

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/how-to-use-woocommerce-attribute-swatches/

Best regards