Live Site: Home Page will not allow any new edits, other pages are editable

Hi there, I have a LIVE SITE - I just transferred the dummy site to the live domain and the home page is uneditable.

It seems other pages I can edit, but the home page is not updating any new edits on the front end.

I get no errors.

This is a live site www.swisshotelschool.co.za please help urgently as I have never come across this issue before in all my years with WordPress or BeTheme.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Thanks will do it right now

• Hi, I have sent the info needed, please let me know if you received it I had no success message. Thank you.

• I have received your message.

In your Site Health, I noticed that you have a low max input time value.

Please, contact your hosting provider, and ask to increase it to 180, and see if the problem persists.

If this will not help, please, send us your FTP access like previously through the contact form, and remember to attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Thank you, I have asked my hosting provider to do this, I will let you know as soon as I do if it has helped or not.

Thanks so much.

• Hi there, we did do this, we increased to 300 but did not fix the problem.

I will send the ftp access info again through that same form, and attached the link to this thread.

Thanks so much.

• In the console log, we noticed the "Request Entity Too Large" error.

Please, check the link below, follow the steps from there, and the builder should work correctly.

https://blog.hubspot.com/website/413-request-entity-too-large

Thanks

• Hello there, We have made changes but still nothing is fixed.

The hubspot link suggests:

@ini_set( 'upload_max_size' , '64M' );

@ini_set( 'post_max_size', '64M');

@ini_set( 'max_execution_time', '300' );

We have done:

So, nothing has changed. The problem still remains. So what's next?

Thank you.

• HI there, Something on the original home page was broken in the div itself, particularly, I found this out when I made a new home page from scratch, when I copied over one of the divs it would not copy and no it was not the div with large files in it. So I assume something at that point in the tech had broken and hence broke the whole page.

I have remade a new home page and it is working just fine.

• Glad to hear that you solved it out :)

Also can you tell me, how do you transfer that page? Are you using some plugin or by the hand?

We strongly suggest to use the duplicator plugin, it always work fine and it does not make any problems during that.

thanks

• Hi there, I simply clicked on clone in pages on the page I wanted to duplicate and then I did not get an exact clone of that page in wordpress.... its ok i recreated the whole page on my own and i found that some code was broken in the div itself.

• Quick tip from me, to fast-check where the HTML issue is, remember that firefox has the HTML checker built-in (CTRL+U) and check the HTML errors you got.

If you are using dark mode of browser, it will be underlined with dotted red line, with default (white) mode whole issued sentence will be red. (red colored text)

Thanks!