Pages are not responding when a try to edit in backend side

Hi,

I have a problem with the theme's backend.

When I access (as admin) the backend pages to make changes (I use BeBuilder), the pages freeze/slow down in loading and I often get a window saying: "Pages are not responding".

This makes it impossible to work. 

The Status shows that all parameters are OK.

I don't know what to do...

Comments

• Hello,

Please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

You can also check if the same thing happens on the other browsers.

Also, are you using the live or backend builder?

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

thanks for the speed :-)

I did a bit of testing.

I use the backend version.

Usually with Chrome.

Deactivating all plugins and then switching to the non child version SAME PROBLEM.

Without any changes on EDGE everything seems to work! :-)

Not being able to use Chrome is no big deal. Although I don't understand what causes this problem....

• Please share with us your PHPINFO file.

If you do not know how to do it, please check this topic:

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-create-phpinfo-php-page/

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

here is the link to the phpinfo: https://rowanhousevets.co.uk/phpinfo.php

Nice day.

Daniele

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Hi Phil, I just sent the e-mail with the login data and the link to this discussion.

Thank you.

Daniele

• I have checked your website with chrome and firefox, and neither of these browsers slowed down or crashed. I tried with a couple of pages.

I can see that you have a few browser extensions on your screenshots, and I assume that they may be the root cause. You can deactivate them or open the incognito mode to see if, with these extensions inactive, the browser slows down/hang too.

I also suggest trying the live builder.

Best regards

• Thanks Phil,

I will try over the next few days to disable Chrome add-ons to see if and which ones interfere with page loading. For now I am working on alternative browsers.

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Daniele

• edited August 2022

Hi all, since I had exactly the same problem (pages freezes in the backend and takes an ultra long time to load) - but unfortunately the solution is not described here, I would like to post what the problem was for me if you're using Google Chrome.

It is actually related to a browser extension of Google Chrome called "LastPass". After I disabled this Chrome extension, the pages in the backend loaded again as usual. Maybe this helps others, because it took me hours to find that solution. Best regards.

• Hi there

if it helps I had the same problem with Chrome which was solved by disabling the extension "LastPass: Free Password Manager"