503 error while designing my page

edited November 2022 in BeBuilder

Hello,

purchased the BeTheme a few days ago and while working on my site, out of nowhere my updates were not saving, tried to refresh the site and I immediately get a 503 Error message.

which means I couldn't get to the wordpress dashboard.

The hostgator support disabled the theme which allowed me to access the site dashboard. But the error comes up again if I enable the theme.

What can I do about this? I didn't mess with the source code of the theme and the only plugins I have are Contact Form 7, Lordicon Animated Icons, and Slider Evolution.

any idea how I can solve this?

thanks!

EDIT:

Tried reinstalling the theme, but was faced with the same issue, angrily deleted the entire wordpress installation and installed from again, fresh new wordpress install. Redownloaded the theme again, and had the same issue...

Is this theme/server related?

Comments

• Hello,

The 5xx errors are related to the server problems only, so you have to contact your hosting provider and describe the problem there.

If it's possible, please tell us what was causing that problem, it will be helpful for us to recognize the issue for other customers.

thanks

• Last night a new version of the wordpress came out. V6.1 if I'm not mistaken.

That seems to be the issue, if I disable the theme, I can login as normal.

Tried to rollback the wordpress version to 6.0 and works perfectly. please check this so it wont be an issue with other members in the community

• Hello,

It looks like the problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and older BeTheme version.

To fix that, you have to get into the FTP, remove old directory of BeTheme and upload the latest one from the themeforest, after that you will get your wp-admin work correctly.

thanks

• The answer by the Support Team is wholly incorrect. I deleted the theme via FTP and re-installed it (version 26.5.1.4 upload of 2 November) and the site crashed immediately. Repeated this several times with help from Hoster, no change.

• Hi @maltafurniture,

If the solution provided by Pablo did not work for you.

Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks