Betheme RAM hogging

It seems that Betheme and WordPress 6.1 do not get along. I updated my site today and now, I can't log into the admin side of my website because the theme uses too much RAM.

I worked with my webhost for over an hour on this issue and we concluded that it's the theme being the RAM hog because the theme being disabled, I could log in.

I either get a critical error, a HTTP Error 500, or WSOD.

Comments

• Same issue, in other comments the fix seems to be ftp enable another theme, then replace the core betheme file folder. Awaiting a push updates or something easier as some of us have multiple betheme sites in operation.

• Hello,

It looks like the problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and the older BeTheme version.

To fix that, you have to get into the FTP, remove the old directory of BeTheme and upload the latest one from ThemeForest. After that, you will get your wp-admin to work correctly.

Please be sure that you upload the theme files which are downloaded today.

Thanks

• Thank you @cycogoat and Phil!

• I had the same problem on several of my clients sites with Betheme 26.5.0.4. Got error 503 at login (/wp-admin). Took me and my webhost many hours by Cpanel to figure out that it was the theme causing this. By FTP deleted theme and uploaded latest, and the login came back. Now I'm updating the rest of my clients BeThemes to lates hoping to avoid this again.

• @zumpan I'm reaching out to my webhost now about this. We knew it was the theme, but I didn't know what the solution was. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

• UPDATE: did the FTP of the new Betheme, deleted the old one, and everything is all good now. PHEW!

This helped: https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/installation-updates/

Thanks again for everyone's support!