404 error on new portfolio pages

Hi,

I can add a portfolio item and it appears correctly in portfolio slider but when you click to view it throws up a 404 page does not exist.

Can you give me some guidance as to the issue?

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

• The website is currently in maintenance so Il show in a couple of screenshots. so the first shows a portfolio item in a portfolio slider, the second is when I click on the link to display portfolio item

• I have unlocked the website so you can take a look. address is https://www.liquidcolourdesign.com/

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please make sure that the data you are sending are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Did you modify anything in the meantime?

I opened your website, and when I visited the portfolio page, it loads correctly.

Best regards

• edited November 2022

No I haven't modified anything. I know the portfolio page loads correctly but when you click on a portfolio item you get a 404 (see screenshot) when you edit the portfolio item page it has a permanent link assigned but when you click on the item you get the error

See also screenshot of the portfolio item in the back end showing the URL and the screenshot of it on the portfolio page.

• I meant the portfolio item. It started to work when I was checking your website previously, but now I can see that the issue appears again.

I went to Settings -> Permalinks, Saved changes, and it is working correctly now.

Please, check your website.

Best regards

• Thanks very much!