how do I decide what goes into the sidebar?

hello, www.maelleapp.com

can you tell me how I can decide what goes into the this sidebar I created?

Thank you so much

Comments

• thank you for the link, I actually followed it very well.

Now I still can not see the sidebar anyway. I will attach here the photos of what I see and you can tell me if there is a mistake I don't see?

I want the sidebar called "Get access to fashion insiders Hub" in every page portfolio.

Tha page settings:

This is the settings I used in the widget page: I should see it, right?

Thank you for the help.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• In the theme options, you had set the sidebar globally. I have created a new one based on yours, but I gave it a name without spaces (sidebar names should be without special characters), and it works.

Please, check it out.

Thanks

• Hello, I have seen you did adjust the sidebar. thank you.

but I wish the sidebar could go until the very end of the page.

As you can see, it stops at the first panel of the elementor page.

Can it go straight to the end of the page? And how do I adjust it?

second question: I added to the widget of the sidebar this option: categories.

So when I click on categories:

I see CASE STUDIES. So the question is: what is the widget categories doing? it shows the name of portfolios?

What If I want to see the list of categories I used for the porfolio and so the related items in the portfolio should appear in the same sidebar? Would this be possible?

I would like it to be exactly like this:

and in the dropdown list i would like to see the categories:

please let me know

Thank you

• just another note, that should be here probably:

IN the mobile version, I see the sidebar at the very end of the page, can you tell me if I can put a setting that it appears as a hidden menu on the left side?

thank you

• just to show you, that is how I see in the elementor builder backend:

the column for the sidebar is present in the first block and very strangely in the last one...

first column:

it is a problem becasue as you can see, the style is supposed to be like: the second block picture goes on top of the part of the text and not on top of the picture of the block 1 (like this - taken from another page):

last column:

as you can see the last block looks like it recognize there is a column...

and the section under it: CASE STUDIES, also follow the sidebar...

thank you

hope all is clear as i explained it

• 1) On pages with a sidebar, you should disable the stretch option for sections. When it is enabled, the section overlaps the Sidebar.

2) Categories widget is for blog categories. If you would like to show Portfolio categories, you should create a menu in Appearance -> Menus and use Menu widget.

Best regards

• thank you so much!

for the menu:

can I ask you how should I add this menu to the widget?

I create the menu like this: is it correct?

I used the voices I found here:

Can you tell me where should I find it , once I save the menu where should I see it now?

I don't see any widget in the left side. please help!

another thing: you didn't reply to this question:

IN the mobile version, I see the sidebar at the very end of the page, can you tell me if I can put a setting that it appears as a hidden menu on the left side?

I see it at the very end and it is ugly.

In case, can I disable the sidebar in the mobile version? And can I make it look different in the mobile version?

thank you

• 1) In Appearance -> Menus, open Screen Options and check Portfolio Categories.

And use the widget Navigation Menu, or Muffin Menu.

2) About the sidebar, I answered you in your second topic. Please, check it there:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/comment/227990#Comment_227990

Best regards

• thank you!

last question:

I want to add a botton in the sidebar:

how can I add a botton?

• Please, add a Text element, and inside it, put a button shortcode.

https://muffingroup.com/betheme/elements/button/?inline

Best regards

• thank you so much!

what if I want this botton?

with the look as empty inside and when the mouse goes on top (hover) it becomes full color red? (the colors codes are int he code under)

I am seeing only this one:

This is the code I created:

[button title="GET ACCESS TO FIH" link="#popmake-7770" target="_blank" align="" icon="long icon alt right" icon_position="right" color="#E8524E" font_color="#FFFFFF" size="2" full_width="" class="" download="" rel="" onclick=""]

but I don't see the arrow:

I took the arrow from here:

is this the correct way to do it?

Can you indicate to me how to choose the other botton; this one?

using the color red as the layout and the color white as the inside color.

Thank you so much.

• I have another question, sorry,

can I make the sidebar that keep staying fixed and not disappearing when the page scrolls?

I hope it is clear what I mean.

The sidebar should always be visible even if the page scrolls down.

thank you

• ANOTHER THING:

so when I see this sidebar on the phone mobile version, I see this symbol: dots and list that looks like a menu icon.

I asked and it looks like it is not so intuitive:

can I change the icon with an arrow or with the term "SWIPE"

this arrow selected could be fine:

red color: #E8524E

on white background

and if you do it manually inside my website on wordpress, can you please tell me how, so I can change it in the future?

Thank you

• 1) Button takes its styles from Betheme -> Theme options -> Global -> Buttons, and it can be modified there.

2) Go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Sidebars, and Enable Sticky option.

3) The icon for the Off-Canvas sidebar can be changed in Betheme -> Theme options -> Sidebars.

Best regards

• Ciao thank you so much.

I tried to change this icon as the side bar appearing in the mobile version, but it didn't change.

Could you help me understand? I choose a arrow but it is still showing the default one:

check yourself here: https://www.maelleapp.com/case-studies/entering-3-new-markets/

in the mobille version of course.

another thing:

So this botton:

in the sidebar does not act accordingly to the main settings I have here: sorry the pictures are not in order.

but as you can see for example the hoover should be on another color, but as you can check in the previous link I added.

The button do not act accordingly to my settings, so shall I reset them?

another thing, ALL buttons act the same way based on this settings in all the website?

Thankk you

• 1) I have passed info about the icon to the dev team.

For now, please, use the following CSS code:

.mfn-off-canvas-sidebar .mfn-off-canvas-switcher i::before{
       content: '\e915';
    }

2) You added this button there with a shortcode, right?

Did you set up styling, like color, etc., in the shortcode?

Best regards

• Ciao,

for the icon: thank you for the code - to be added to the BETHEME CSS in option right?

for the button:

[button title="GET ACCESS TO FIH" link="#popmake-7770" target="_blank" align="" icon="long icon alt right" icon_position="right" color="#E8524E" font_color="#FFFFFF" size="2" full_width="" class="" download="" rel="" onclick=""]

I don't remember how did I created this code actually, but then how do I just insert the button into the widget area without customize it?

I am sharing the widget area I see:

thank you, if you need access again to the website, let me know

• 1) Yes, put it in the Custom CSS field in the theme options.

2) Please, clear styling options from your shortcode, and it will take its styles from theme options.

[button title="GET ACCESS TO FIH" link="#popmake-7770" target="_blank"  icon="long icon alt right" icon_position="right" size="2"]

Best regards

• Hello,

I see this now if I copy and paste that code to the widget :

is that correct? you sure?

• Instead of a Text widget, please, try Custom HTML.

Best regards

• Just to know an update on the icon in the off-sidebar, could you tell me if you find anything wrong?

I still see it like this: as an icon of a list

please help me with this again.

• thank you for the help on the button, I could actually use it well as HTML,

another question related to an invisible icon, I think:

looks like there is the space on the right waiting for an icon. Is that right?

Could I add an icon there? and how? If not, could you please tell me how to make the size correct so it doesn't look like there is some more space on the right size?

looks weird

Thank you

• 1) I do not see CSS for icon change in your custom CSS.

Did you put it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS?

2) You can define the icon in the icon attribute of this shortcode.

Select an icon from the list of available icons.

Best regards

• for the button all ok, thank you so much!

But still I have this problem:

Just to know an update on the icon in the off-sidebar, could you tell me if you find anything wrong?

I still see it like this: as an icon of a list

even if I selected this icon:

which is clearly an arrow and not the ICON LIST.

please help me with this again.

• To change the icon for an off-canvas sidebar, you need to use the CSS code from that message:

Best regards

• hello, I have inserted a new sidebar:

called Maelle Dashboard and I left the ENABLE sticky that was good for the previous sidebar:

And I want the sidebar to scroll and do not stay fixed:

as you can see from the pictures, the sidebar do not follow the scroll.

whatis the problem?

Thank you

• www.maelleapp.com but this page I screenshoted is protected by wishlist plug-in membership