full width site not seeing Css & functions php file

Hi,

I had my site working well, but then I discovered that it was still accessing the style.css file from the site that it was duplicated from. So, I deleted the style.css file and created a new one. After I did that, my site is not behaving correctly any more. I have also completely deleted the old child theme directory and installed a new one, but it does not seem to recognize the child theme directory.

Here's what I'm having trouble correcting.

1. The desktop version of the site doesn't seem to see the CSS code that is provided either in the BeTheme CSS editor or in the on-page CSS editor or in the external style.css file in the child theme directory. Once the site is narrowed down to tablet width, it starts picking up the styling correctly. I have not entered the basic styling with any @media queries so it should be displaying the style but it isn't.
  2. Since I deleted the style.css file, my site is also not seeing my functions.php file even though it's in the child theme directory and I have selected the child theme in my settings.

Can you help me figure out why my child theme directory seems to be invisible to my site?

Debbie

Comments

• Sorry, I forgot to provide a link to my site: https://www.thespires.org/dev. One of the pages that I am having trouble with is unfortunately hidden in a password protected section so I can't provide a link to the specific page in a public forum. Here are some screen shots to show what is happening. The first one is of the site in full width desktop view.

The second one is of the same page in tablet view.

• Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please make sure that the data you are sending are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Update...I'm not sure if you did something or not, but my site is displaying correctly now. The only part that is not working is the screenshot.png has not updated. Thank you.

• In the recent update, we resolved many bugs, so it could also fix yours.

However, I am unsure what you refer to in the second part of your message.

Can you attach a screenshot showing that please?

Thanks

• Hi,

I am referring to the screenshot.png that is used for the child theme in WordPress Appearance>Themes section. As of now, it is still showing the default BE theme screenshot even though I have updated it with the logo of my current site.

This is what is displaying on my site.

This is the screenshot.png image that is uploaded for the child theme.

This is not a big deal, but I'm concerned that it is not being updated properly. And for 2 days it wasn't seeing my CSS or my functions.php file. Those two items "magically" fixed themselves. But seems that there might still be something wrong.

• To change that image there, please, use the BeCustom plugin.

Check the following video tutorial:

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/how-to-rebrand-be-and-wp-admin-with-the-becustom-branding-tool/

Best regards

• Thank you so much. However, my site issues appear to have resolved themselves without me doing anything. I'm not sure what happened, but it's all good now.

• Good to see that.

If this problem appears again, or if you will have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks