What is the best way to create Coming soon/Under Construction page?

I imported a Betheme pre-built website (Energy), tweaked the header and top bar, and inserted a custom code for 2 sticky buttons. Then I created a new Coming Soon blank page and tried the following:

1) I tried to enable "Under Construction" template in the Quick Edit view in Pages section, and I can't edit this template in the Bebuilder.

2) I tried to import a single page website like this https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/launch/ via Import Single Page option in the Bebuilder, and it does not import anything, the header, footer etc are still displayed. The import of a single page like this https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/landing/, imports only the page layout without media content, and site's header is still displayed, and I didn't find an option to hide the header for one specific page (Coming Soon).

My hosting provider provides an option to create a staging environment on a subdomain, which copies all the WP files and allows to tweak the site there. So potentially I could continue customization of the selected pre-built website there, and import https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/launch/ page on the main domain and publish it as a Coming Soon page. But when I'd push the finished website back to the main domain, I suppose this Coming Soon page will be deleted. This deletion may not be a big deal for now, but what if I'd like to enable a Coming Soon page later after a finished website is published?

Another option is to use SeedProd plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/coming-soon/#description to build a Coming Soon page, but they have some custom site builder and I'm afraid it may interfere with the Bebuilder managed main site pages.

What's the best way to create a Coming Soon page?

Comments

• Hi,

1) The Custom Under Construction/Coming Soon page can be activated in Betheme -> Theme options -> Pages -> Under Construction.

2) We had to update tool responsible for single page import on the launch pre-built website, now it should work correctly.

Anyway, there is information that only builder content is imported without media and theme options.

So to make it work you must create a Coming Soon page with BeBuilder and choose it in the Theme options, as I showed in the first screenshot.

Best regards

• Builder content only would be pretty much ok for a COming Soon page. Now I am trying to import a single page site from the pre-built websites, and it still shows the header and footer from the whole website on this new page, though I need only content for coming soon.

• I am doing basically what you show above. I create a new page and try to import a single page like https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/landing/ or https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/launch/ which do not have headers and footers.

However firstly upon creation the page is created with the site's header and footer, later when I import one or another of those single pages, the header and footer still remain. Though I somehow managed to import https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/landing/ and display without the header and the footer, but deleted that page already.

• Is there a way to disable the pre-built imported site's default header and footer while importing a single page (for Coming soon) which does not have a header and foter?

• Did you choose a custom page in the theme options, as I explained?

Can you attach a link to your website, please?

Thanks

• Yes, I chose a custom page previously to display in Under Construction mode, but deleted this page already. Now i am creating a new custom page for Coming Soon. Previously I imported Energy pre-built website and customized the header. So this new custom page has the website's header and footer. And I tried to import a Launch single page website https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/launch/ which doesn't have headers and footers, the content without media was imported, but my new custom Coming Soon page still has the default header and footer.

I basically just need to disable header, top bar and footer only on this custom page. I replaced the background image in the imported single page, but the header and footer are still there. Should I use some conditional logic or anything else to not show header and footer on this imported single page?

• The website is currently under construction, so any pages aren't displayed yet, I attached the screenshot from the WP editor, if this is ok.

• But I want to see this Under Construction page to see why the Header and Footer are displayed, so please send a link to your website.

Thanks

• So currently I enabled the Under Construction mode in Theme Options < Pages, with Launch date empty. And selected a custom Coming Soon page (as in screenshot you posted), created using Launch demo single site content. The link is naujasiszodis.lt.

It is displayed as totally blank (white) on the front-end. And this custom page itself as viewed in the Bebuilder contains the header and footer from the currently imported working demo site.

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at https://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Hi, thanks. I will send via the link you provided a bit later today (please notify about your time zone for more accuracy).

Now I just noticed that there are some bugs with this specific https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/launch/ single page pre-built site, as I have imported it as a single site (rather then as single page as I did previously) now, clicked Visit Page immediately and there was this error:

```

html{ background-color: #FCFCFC; } #Wrapper,#Content, .mfn-popup .mfn-popup-content,.mfn-off-canvas-sidebar .mfn-off-canvas-content-wrapper,.mfn-cart-holder,.mfn-header-login, #Top_bar .search_wrapper, #Top_bar .top_bar_right .mfn-live-search-box, .column_livesearch .mfn-live-search-wrapper, .column_livesearch .mfn-live-search-box{ background-color: #FCFCFC; } .layout-boxed.mfn-bebuilder-header.mfn-ui #Wrapper .mfn-only-sample-content{ background-color: #FCFCFC; } body:not(.template-slider) #Header{ min-height: 250px; } body.header-below:not(.template-slider) #Header{ padding-top: 250px; } .elementor-page.elementor-default #Content .the_content .section_wrapper{max-width: 100%;} .elementor-page.elementor-default #Content .section.the_content{width: 100%;} .elementor-page.elementor-default #Content .section_wrapper .the_content_wrapper{margin-left: 0; margin-right: 0; width: 100%;} /** * Font | Family ******************************************************************************** */ body, button, span.date_label, .timeline_items li h3 span, input[type="submit"], input[type="reset"], input[type="button"], input[type="date"], input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="tel"], input[type="email"], input[type="url"], textarea, select, .offer_li .title h3, .mfn-menu-item-megamenu { font-family: "Roboto",-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,"Helvetica Neue",sans-serif; } #menu > ul > li > a, a.action_button, #overlay-menu ul li a { font-family: "Roboto",-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,"Helvetica Neue",sans-serif; } #Subheader .title { font-family: "Lato",-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,"Helvetica Neue",sans-serif; } h1, h2, h3, h4, .text-logo #logo { font-family: "Lato",-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,"Helvetica Neue",sans-serif; } h5, h6 { font-family: "Roboto",-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,"Helvetica Neue",sans-serif; } blockquote { font-family: "Lato",-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,"Helvetica Neue",sans-serif; } .chart_box .chart .num, .counter .desc_wrapper .number-wrapper, .how_it_works .image .number, .pricing-box .plan-header .price, .quick_fact .number-wrapper, .woocommerce .product div.entry-summary .price { font-family: -apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,"Helvetica Neue",sans-serif; } /** * Font | Size & Style ******************************************************************************** */

A critical error occurred at the website

```

While when I imported this pre-built one-page site https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/landing/ as a website (not a single page), everything was ok, and the site's content was displayed immediately.

Also upon having imported this /be/launch/ single page site as a single page in a typical imported multi-page website with a header and footer (mine was Energy), having customized this one page and selected it as a custom page to display under the Under Construction mode, not only the selected page was displayed white/blank, but it (in combination with Under Construction mode) also interfered with automatic login to Wordpress feature provided by Hostinger's (my hosting provider's) dashboard. When the custom page selected to display in Under Construction mode was /be/landing/, there was no problem.

Best regards

• We are located in the Central Europe.

We have corrected the Launch pre-built website, and now, after import, the error is gone.

When I receive access to your website I will check it all.

Best regards

• There seems to be some issue with the theme's Under Construction mode using a selected custom page. I tried several Coming Soon pages created in the Pages section and under Quick Edit mode in WP Pages tried to use the Blank Page etc template (to disable header and footer for this specific page), and it doesn't work when there is a whole website on the (sub)domain.

The Under Construction mode using a selected custom page seems to function correctly only when there is a one page like /be/launch on the domain. The Under Construction mode in Betheme does not disable header and footer, if the custom page has them.

• I have received your private message, but login credentials contain only something that looks like a password, but you did not attach a username.

Please send another message with all the required information.

Thanks

• Your home page and coming soon were the same pages. Coming soon should be separate page.

I have corrected it in Settings -> Reading, and in Theme options.

Now everything works fine. Please check it out.

Best regards

BTW I can see that you have caching plugin enabled on your website. We recommend to keep caching tools disabled until you finish working on your website

• I have some HTML/CSS for 2 right-side fixed custom buttons. They are displayed on the Coming Soon page in the Editor mode (Bebuilder), but are not displayed when viewing the domain from another browser.

They are supposed to be displayed on all pages, as this code is in Theme options

• Everything is rendered more or less ok in the live builder (Bebuilder), but when viewing the domain on other browsers without WP login the right/left margins/padding are messed up and the buttons are not rendered with custom HTML/CSS.

There seems to be no use of Under Construction mode on a WP instance with only a Home page and a Coming Soon page. Can I set the custom Coming Soon page as static page in Settings <Reading and disable the Under Construction mode?

• It seems that Under Construction mode messes things up (still has some bugs). When in Settings -> Reading I set the Coming_Soon page as static page, everything is being displayed as in the Editor (Bebuilder): custom buttons and elements' layout. So will be using this setting without Under Construction mode.

• Yes, you can do it as you described, but note that if someone enters another page URL by hand, the coming soon page will not be displayed.

Coming soon page cannot be set at the same time as the home page in WP settings, and as under construction in Theme options. That is why you had it messed up.

Best regards