Re-install demo data without affecting content & layout

edited August 2015 in Theme support
Hi, 
I am using the "Animals" BeTheme on my site. I accidentally pressed "reset to default" in the BeTheme Options, and now all of the fonts and colors are different. I noticed that the coding areas are now empty. I had never adjusted any font and color before, so I'm confused as to what "default" settings it reset to. How do I re-install the demo data (just the settings), without affecting my content and layout changes? 

the site is www.tikkunolamjourneys.com 

Thanks, 
Tova 

Comments

• Hi Tova,

if you don't want to lose any content and want to get back your settings, you must contact with server admin because this is the only person who may help you. Ask if he got daily backups so he ca restore them to previous version.

Thanks!
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for the quick response! I just called- they helped me find yesterdays backup and it should be restored in 15 min. Wish me luck. 
  • Unfortunately, it's not working :(

I'm trying to figure out how to manually switch it back now. If I use the "BeTheme Import Demo Data" to import "options" will that work? Or will it delete all the content? 

Or a way to copy/paste the code from the original theme? 

I just need to go back to themes original settings. 

There must be a way.... 
  • The web host could only restore the files from the previous day, not the layout and settings. 
  • I'm beginning to think there may be a bug in my theme, is that possible? 

The header on my homepage is now overlapping on other text. Check it out: www.tikkunolamjourneys.com 

It does not make sense that clicking "reset to default" would cause all of this mess. It should not be an option then. 

Any advice is much appreciated. I paid for this theme and would like to use it properly. Thank you. 
  • I was able to fix the overlap. I just need to know if using the "BeTheme Import Demo Data" to import "options" would delete all of my content or not, and if there is any way around that. 

Thank you in advance. I know your team is working hard to respond to everyone. 
  • If you will use "BeTheme Import Demo Data" the current settings will be overwritten. New pages that comes with demo will come as well but the current pages won't be removed. But if you don't want to mess your current site, you can create test wp installation where you can import demos.
  • That's what I ended up doing, and it worked. Thanks