Custom Post Type with Page options

Hi,

Is it possible to have a custom post type and have for example all the options/capabilities of the post/blog type (page options and mufin builder)?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

if you know coding, then everything is possible. But if you ask about the option, then we do not have anything like that included as option.
  • Hi,

I have been trying to duplicate the portfolio posttype based on the source code and it looks like it works pretty good. Took some time to find all files involved, but once i got this organized, it was pretty easy.

I am not a coder by profession, but doing this 'exercise', it is clear that your coding is very well organized and 'simple'. Many other themes are very complex put together and very difficult to adjust or it gives difficulties when updating to a new version (many individual code changes in many files).

It looks like maintaining your custom BeTheme post types is fairly easy when applying updates for the Theme.

Marcellino

• We are glad to hear that our code is very well organized and simple. Thanks :)
  • @activecontent Can you please write your solution?
  • Hi, 

you can do it really easy.

1. locate file betheme/functions/meta-page.php
    2. copy function mfn_page_meta_add to your child theme so beTheme updates will not overwrite your changes.

if( ! function_exists( 'mfn_page_meta_add' ) ) {
    }

3. find array $mfn_page_meta_box = array(....) and replace 'page' => 'page' with 'page' => array('page', 'custom_post_type_name'),

4. save changes and that's it.