/*resolved*/ The behavior of "templates", change content globaly

edited November 2015 in BeBuilder

I've build my website taking in account that "templates" behave as they supposed to do (taking in account that usually templates means an html portion of the website that i can repeatedly use on pages".

Now, on BETHEME if i create a new template, say, "Footer additional info" and then i create 100 pages on wich i've imported this very same TEMPLATE from the Muffin Builder, everything looks fine. 
But, let's say that one div inside of the template file needs to be changed, thinking logically i was expecting to go to the template file, change it and see those 100 pages i previously created to change too. That's not happening. At first i thought this was a bug, but then i starting to ask the following question, and i hope you guys answer?

- Is there a way to change a template that was already used on other pages and make those changes reflect whenever it was used? I mean, that's what you expect of a template...

On my search for a solution i've found the "Muffin Content Builder Migrate Tool 2.0" and tried to find the div html and changed it, with no success since the tool only allows changing URLs.

Comments

• Hi,

this is not a bug and that can not be changed. That's now how Templates supposed to work as such option may broke users pages. Template is just a portion of pre-made Muffin Builder layouts and can not be modified after changes under Templates section. To do what you you are looking for, you should create custom post types but this requires theme files modification of course.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Still a rock solid amazing theme. Maybe you guys should consider changing the name "templates" to another one? 

Anyway, thx for the quick reply.
  • But this is what users requested for. We get hundreds of messages about those templates in the past and all users called this feature Templates so we can not change the name of this feature unfortunately.