Can't figure out how to get Portfolio to work - can anyone help?

I need to put a portfolio section on a regular static page (it will have other content on that page). The site is for apartment rentals and there are 22 pages (22 apartments) and each page/apartment has it's own specific set of 20+ images that need to show up on that specific page in the portfolio section (preferably by simply adding all the images for all apartments in the media section and tagging them with the apartment name so they will show up on that apartment page when called - if that is possible?)

I have tried everything I can think of, but I don't know how to make that happen. Any suggestions?

THANK YOU!!!

Comments

• Oh the theme I'm using is TOURIST (if that helps)
  • I keep playing with it but now I am concerned that I cannot have a unique portfolio on every page with its own specific set of images - is this the case?
  • Hi,

if you want to use Portfolio items per pages, and you want them to be different, then you should use different portfolio items with Muffin Builder, like: Portfolio, Portfolio Grid or Portfolio Photo. You can also edit Portfolio item as well to switch between completely different styles.

Thanks!
  • thank you but I don't understand HOW to do that - I can't seem to figure it out and the documentation doesn't explain how. Is there a place where I can get instructions step by step on how to do this? Thanks!!!!
  • Like where do I upload the pictures for each portfolio and how do i tag the pictures for each apartment and how do I get those to display? It is very confusing!
  • We can not have instruction video for every item and every option because it's technically impossible. However, we do not understand what exactly is so confusing. In the documentation, we explained how to create portfolio items http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#portfolio and after creating portfolio items, all you need to do is go to right page where you want to use portfolio items, and under Page options section, use Muffin Builder which got those items. All you need to do in Muffin Builder is put those items. That's it. If you don't know what Muffin Builder is and how it works, please check the following video
  • I understand Muffin Builder - we have built 4 websites with various betheme templates - all by ourselves (no coders) but we have never used the portfolio like this, one for each page, 22 pages (22 portfolios) total, each with 40 - 70 images in it. 

If it helps I can send a screencast later today to show you what we've done, what we want, what is not working, etc so you can see what the issue is.
  • edited November 2015
    Such screencast is unnecessary but if you want, you can send it to us of course. If what we wrote above does not fit to your needs, then we won't have anything similar. Above, we explained how to create portfolio items and how put them on site.

Thanks for understanding!
  • vitalistoo: I'm in the same boat! I also followed the instructions > created my page, then the portfolio but the one thing that isn't clear is how to load the images.  

@muffingroup: This is a great theme but vitalistoo has a valid point - your documentation does not instruct how to add the images to the portfolio itself. We don't need a video for that, just simple instructions on how/where to load it.
  • @snk2005 Did you read the documentation? Because in the doc, we explained how to add portfolio items and how to set images http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#portfolio
  • @muffingroup: Yes, I did and the only thing I could decipher was how to add a feature image. Is the feature image the portfolio image?  In my case, I have a portfolio of 90 images. Guess what my eyes are looking for is an option to batch upload all images into one portfolio.   Does this mean I have to create 90 portfolio pages?  LOL

• @snk2005 If you have 90 portfolio items, then sounds like you supposed to create 90 portfolio items. But if you have just plain images, then you may try Gallery instead.
  • Oy! Ok, I ended up using the gallery instead. Maybe that could be a considered feature in the future?  :)>-

Beyond that totally awesome theme guys!
  • We may consider this but currently we have so many features on "to do" list that we have no idea where we would finish them. Thanks :)
  • where is the Gallery feature?