How to upload images in Portfolio

Hi! 

I am new to development. 

I have installed a BE theme and created a Portfolio section. But I cant find a sectoin/place where I should upload all the images to show in Portfolio section. I have these images uploaded in Media. I have also assigned Portfolio page in Theme Option. I have gone down to page options and added a Portfolio item but when I click on the edit button it doe not bring up anything to select images to put in the gallery/portfolio. 

Please help.   

Comments

• Hi,

portfolio items can be added under Portfolio section which is available on the left side in your dashboard. More details about creating portfolio items you can find on http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#portfolio

Thanks!
  • Going to the left navigation and following your instructions adds a new portfolio PAGE. I do believe the author was referring to adding PHOTOS to an existing or new portfolio page. I'm having the same problem. I've been to the page you referenced and it's of no help in adding images. I'm not trying to be rude but your tutorial leaves a lot of important information missing.
  • @DebsWebBiz Sorry but we can not agree with you. This works exactly as has been described in tutorial. This is the only way to set single portfolio items.
  • Looks like neither one of us is explaining this correctly so you can understand.

I understand how to make the page. The problem is where do you input the photos in this newly made portfolio page? Do you make a standard Wordpress gallery directly in the page editor using the standard Wordpress gallery feature? This is what's missing from the instructions.

I have tried using the builder for this trying all the portfolio options offered and selecting the category to display and I get no photos to display on the page.
  • @DebsWebBiz For portfolio images, we use Featured Image option with is default WP's feature. This field is always available on the right hand side. The same field got posts for featured images.
  • That only gets you one image far as I know. I mean ALL the photos for the page. The entire category of images not just the featured image for the category.
  • @DebsWebBiz So maybe you can show us on example what kind of images you mean? Because for portfolio item, it is possible to set only one image.
  • Like this but possibly masonary look:

Photo Gallery
  • This is default WP's gallery and this is the only way of how this can be done.
  • edited February 2016
    Ok, so why do you call it a Portfolio if all you can display with it is one photo? A portfolio is a group of images like the gallery.

This still leaves me hanging as to how to get a page full of images to use something like the Masonry, the Grid or anything else for that matter. Making a portfolio page doesn't do me any good if I can't put any photos in it except for the Featured Image.

You have images in the Options that show pages of images in various styles such as Masonry, Grid etc. I have chosen all of them and still get none of them on the Portfolio page. The client needs to display her photographs ... here are some links from your own BeTheme templates, something like these are what I need:

* LINKS WERE REMOVED ***
  • We call it Portfolio because it is Portfolio what you can easily see on http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/portfolio (group of images like the gallery).

Pages like http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/painter/paintings/ are portfolio pages. For this page we set portfolio items under Portfolio section and also we set Masonry Hover Details layout under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio section. Under this section you got also some other options for portfolio pages.

Next time, if you don't know how some things were made, we suggest to create extra WP instance where you can import demos for tests and check how some things were made. It's much easier and faster way to learn BeTheme.

P.S. We appreciate if you can do not link to anywhere except our demos. The links you left above were for HTML version which is obviously not our product as it contains a lot of bugs.
  • I want to edit one of your portfolio, where i found this link:
    [gallery link="file" ids="94,81,84,91,82,88"]
  • Hi,
    I don't know what you want to achieve.
    Please describe your issue/question greater.

If you want to add a gallery, you can do it with muffin builder, just add an item named "Image Gallery"
    Cheers.