Can I /How to create different sidebars for different pages

I have a 3 column layout -- but I don't need the same sidebar content showing on every page of my site.

I couldn't figure out how to override the default sidebars with different sidebar content. 

Can you please explain or link to some documentation? 

Thank you,

Emily

Comments

• Hi,

if you don't want to force sidebar along all pages, you should stop forcing this sidebar under Theme options > Sidebar section. Instead of that, you should use Sidebar Widget item of Muffin Builder.

Thanks!
  • Is it possible to "include" pages for a sidebar (Page Widget) instead of "excluding" unwanted pages?
  • @ejyheng No, this is not possible.
  • I am still not getting it--I understand not forcing the sidebar to appear on interior pages, I got that part now. And I got the way to make my existing Left and Right Sidebar to appear on the home page. 

I need to make new and different sidebars for the interior pages. How do I create new sidebars (or sidebars with new content) relevant just to that page?

Thank you.

Emily

• @elibrarian Please take a look at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/10/how-to-create-sidebar-and-set-up-for-page where we explained how to create sidebar and set it up per pages.
  • edited May 2016
    How to create custom sidebars for interior pages:

1. Theme Options > Sidebars is where you create the container for or name your new sidebars.
    2. Under Widgets is where you actually add content to your sidebars.
    3. Finally, you make them appear on the page by going into Muffin Builder and adding a sidebar widget, then selecting the name of the sidebar you wish to add to the page. 

I don't know if this is the technically correct or best way to do it in BeTheme, but this is what I did to get mine to finally appear. BeTheme: you need better documentation! Then people wouldn't be using support to ask questions.

There, I answered my own question . . . but if this isn't "correct" please let me know.
  • Yes, this is how exactly the sidebars need to be created and set.