Photo height in blog style "Grid" vs "Masonry"

here isn't any difference when I select blog style "Grid" or "Masonry Blog Style" in the height of the images?
In the BeTheme settings the pictograms of the blog style options, suggest that "Grid" would keep all images at same height?
Because I have posts featured images of various heights so the blog posts turn out in different sizes, and I want them to have the same height.

Is the option of the BeTheme blog settings not working or could it be something with the WP standard thumb size settings? Which I don't think as the blog posts overview (both masonry and Grid) appear to use the large image source?

Thank you for thinking along again.
I know I've been keeping you busy. But my site is now nearly done :)

Comments

• Yes, images for the Grid style would be same height but only if uploaded images would be same height or even same proportions.
  • Aha okay, cropping there would be great to keep them look the same also when working with different sizes image. Many of my clients want flexibility in image sizes.
  • When we were trying to force this feature in the past, we had lot's of complains that it's terrible as people don't have any control on images and they don't know where exactly and how their images would be cut. So we just stopped using it.
  • I found a solution that works for what I want :)
    It's in: BeTheme Options: / Blog, Portfolio & Shop / Featured Image.
    There I configured the blog images default size and selected cropping. This creates universal size in blog overview and blog post display via muffin builder. In the full single post the full picture still shows.
    So I'm happy.

Thanks a lot!
  • If this option fit to your needs then we are happy with it. We thought that you mean something else but we are glad to know that this did the trick.
  • Hi,

I have a problem with making blog columns equal. I checked two equal height options in section. But as you can see they are not shown equal on the website. What does the problem?

Thank you
  • Hi,
    these section styles are only for building custom wrap/column structures and will nto work with the blog item. The size is dependent on the length of the exceprt, there is not much that can be done.
    Also the lenght of the title is relevant.
    thanks