Client PAGE?

Hi,
I am trying to set up the Client Page with the logos, and have already set up the various categories, but I can't find in the documentation how to set up the page.  I looked for the Client template, but there isn't one.  I thought it would work much like the Portfolio page with the template for Portfolios, but I guess not. I thought that somewhere it would say what the client shortcode would be since there is no template. This is one of the reasons of course I bought the theme, and am almost done with the design. 
Thanks,
Janell  

Comments

• I just figured out how to set it up as a Client page, but can't understand how to have it sort to categories. Also, how do I increase the default size of the Featured Image (in this case the logo itself.)
    Thanks so  much for your help!
    Janell
  • Hi,

1. Client categories you can set under Clients > Client categories in main WP dashboard.

2. We are sorry but we do not have an option to change client image sizes.
  • Hi,
    Thanks about the client categories, I FINALLY figured that one out.  However, there must be a CSS class I can use to override the 75px default size of the images. The theme didn't make that inline, did they?  If so, where is it called out and on what file?
    Thanks again for your help.
    Janell 
  • I'd like to know the same thing. 75 pixels make for very small logos of clients, especially when they have any text to their logos. Can you please help us?
  • @janell File responsible for images sizes is functions/theme-functions.php but please notice that in reference to Item Support Policy files customization are not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact with your web developer.

@umstot Like we wrote above, this requires files customization what is not included into support.
  • edited July 2016
    HI Muffingroup,
    I understand about the Support Policy and really do appreciate it, but I think the theme restricting the size of the images, especially on the Client page where logos are difficult to read anyway, much less at 75 pixels, does not make sense. I really am trying to fix it.  I see the "Client Slider" on theme-functions.php (add_image_size( 'clients-slider', 150,  75,   false );  ), but I am not using the "Client Slider", just "Clients" in the Shortcode.  Is that called out in another file?

Also, for some reason, the images are very fuzzy.  I could send you a screen grab if you would like.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Janell
  • @janell The same code which is responsible for client's slider is responsible for clients item as well so if you want to change it's sizes, you need to modify theme files but like we wrote above it's not included and if you understand Support Policy, please understand that this kind of modification you need to do on your own because we do not have an option to change it's sizes unfortunately.

Thanks for understanding!
  • edited July 2016
    @MuffinGroup: Finally figured it out, your hints definitely helped!  Many thanks!

@umstot
    With some help from the Wordpress Developers Support Group, and what MuffinGroup wrote above, this is what worked:

For me, I wanted my image to be 110px square, so on functions>theme-functions.php, about line 41, change it to:
    `// Clients - do NOT crop logos
    add_image_size( 'clients-slider', 220,  110,   false );`

and then upload the file.

Then install the plug-in "Simple Images Sizes".  You then need to go to and "edit Client" (all of them)  and click  under "Featured Image"  - "Regenerate Image Sizes."  I went ahead and also hit Update.  

I had to also fiddle with the CSS a bit so the underscore type line wouldn't go through the larger logo image, and this worked for me:
    `ul.clients .client_wrapper{padding:10px 15px;margin:10px;background:rgba(0,0,0,.01);text-align:center;line-height:0;height:130px!important; line-height:110px!important; position:relative;}`

I'm sure there is a cleaner way of doing the CSS, but after 3 days fiddling with this, I am ready to move on!
    Cheers,
    Janell
  • Thanks, that helped me as well. Theme author should really add in this in next release for adjustment of thumbnail sizes.
  • @janell: Thank you so much for figuring this out. I was in a terrible bind and this saved my butt.

@MuffinGroup: Kind of hard to believe it takes this much customization to change something so simple. Now that the method is known, PLEASE make this an option for every slider in the theme!
  • I agree, please make size changing an option!