Test failed wp_remote_get()

Hello , we have encountered this problem when we choose to load a demo in themes Be:

WordPress function wp_remote_get() test failed. Looks like your server
is not fully compatible with WordPress. Contact your hosting provider.
Status code: 404
the hosting provider does not find anyone unmoved problem and log files are ok the theme seems to work but still this error , what should we do or say to the server to solve the technical problem ?

thank you

Comments

• I tried to execute the 3 steps of this link
    but we still have the problem ...
    what does ? the theme seems to still work

help me

• Hi,

the problem is with your server so your admin is not telling you the truth. Your server is simply not fully compatible with WordPress. So or you need to change your hosting provider or you need to import settings manually after demo import.

Thanks!
  • edited January 2016
    we proceeded to all three manual procedures ( listed in your links but already in our post above ) but the problem is not solved as written ... the problem is still present despite the manual procedure .. how we solve ?
  • If manual import did not helped, then there is nothing what we can do to help from our side. You can send us link to your site so we can have a look but we are pretty sure that there would be nothing what we can do. You probably need to change hosting provider because current one is not good enough.
  • I too am getting this error however I cant do the 3 manual steps either as I dont have import/export on the muffin dashboard just a backup & reset which I cannot manually load the other files into.

I am using a linux hosted server rather than a hosting provider, I have spent hour trying to research this "WordPress function wp_remote_get() test failed. Looks like your server is not fully compatible with WordPress. Contact your hosting provider.
    Status code: 404" but no solution (I have Curl running) my site is mbt.linuxist.com happy to send you a temp admin account if you are willing to take a look for me. 
  • @chall90909 Import & Export was replaced with Backup & Reset but it's the same section. Did you spoke with your admin about this? wp_remote_get() function is using callbacks and this could be the reason why it does not work on your server.
  • Thanks for the reply, I copy the menu.txt files content into the import from file section (such as the language theme - YTo1OntzOjk6Im1haW4tbWVudSI7czo5OiJtYWluLW1lbnUiO3M6MTQ6InNlY29uZGFyeS1tZW51IjtpOjA7czo5OiJsYW5nLW1lbnUiO2k6MDtzOjExOiJzb2NpYWwtbWVudSI7czoxMDoiYWN0aW9uLWJhciI7czoxODoic29jaWFsLW1lbnUtYm90dG9tIjtpOjA7fQ==) and nothing happens?
    Yes did speak to admin they say as its a 404 error the theme is trying to call a page that does not exist, how can I check what its trying to get to?
  • @chall90909 Please send us dashboard and FTP access privately then.
  • edited March 2016
    This is a new error for us. We have used BeTheme on a few sites, and have always been able to import the demo data ... and on the same server that we are using for this one, with the same settings. We own the server, so we are obviously not changing hosting.

This is a bug with version 11.9 and 12. I installed an older version of BeTheme (10.5) to the same site, and the import worked just fine. Then I upgraded BeTheme ... Voila.

Please investigate this bug in V.11.9 and V.12 --- maybe versions between 10.5 and 11.9 as well ... I have not tested any versions other than 10.5 (which works) and 11.9 (does not work), and 12 (does not work).

• @wnww We are sorry but you are wrong unfortunately. It's not theme bug. Thousands of customers already use version 12 and import works exactly the same as in previous versions. So we would be grateful if you could not distribute false information.

Thanks for understanding!

P.S. We suggest to investigate time into server because this is where the problem is if import does not work. You should also check Appearance > System Status section where some limits may be listed.
  • Well then ...

What changed between 10.5 and 11.9 with regards to import options?

• edited May 2016
    Hi, we have a new linux server , and there is no way to install 
    the demo BeTheme the server side controls are ok but always continue
    to give thema same mistake with both old and with new versions
    here it is:

WordPress wp_remote_get function () failed tests . Looks like your server is not fully compatible with WordPress . Contact your hosting provider .
    Error : Too many redirects .

this is a big problem because the use of the theme is very tied to
    your demo ... I would understand how I can solve

I tried it in another server but the error appears to be the same on two different servers .
    In this case the product is a code error trying the acccess to the page , that is :

PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in
    /home/med100/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/importer/import.php
    on line 491
    There is no question of a server -side error , 
    but the code that we recommend to analyze and solve.

the theme is compatible with php 5.5.34 ?

• @mediagrafic Yes, the problem is related with limits on server side of course. Your server does not allow for redirects that are being used by wp_remote_get() function. It's necessary if you want to import demos with all it's options and media.
  • Hi, 
    I have the same errore above WordPress function wp_remote_get() test failed. Contact your hosting provider. Status code: 404 
    How can I resolve that?

Thanks for support
  • @pantera You need to contact with your admin because it's server issue.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi, I too have this error and I administer my own server. There are approx ten different wordpress sites on there using different themes and I've never encountered this before.

After looking at the System Status and doing some research I discovered that the max execution time need to be increased and the max upload/ max post size too.

Check this link for instructions how and you should find that you'll be up and running in no time. I used the .htaccess and wp-config.php methods.