Keeping menu item highlighted

Hi Muffingroup,

How can I keep my main menu item highlighted after clicking on the sub-menu item via the widget menu ? You can see what I mean @ http://www.macases.nl. I want the menu item customers highlighted after i click on the submenu item on the page customers. 

kind regards

Ben

Comments

• Hi Ben,

this is unfortunately not possible at all.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Hi Muffingroup,

It's logical that the menu item has to stay highlighted when I click on the submenu. So I don't understand why it's not possible at all.. 

• It is not possible because wordpress does not allow for that. To do what you need, you must make right hierarchy of menu items in "Pages" section. So pages should have parents and childrens and only then it will be possible. But if you don't have hierarchy then it is not possible at all.
  • Hi Muffingroup,

I already did that. That's why I said that it's logical that the menu item has to stay highlighted. In the page section I defined that the "submenu" is a child of the menu item and (which has to stay highlighted). It's not working.
  • So if you did it, then please send us private message with access to your wordpress site with details about what you did and we'll see if you did it properly.