Setting up a new homepage

Hello, 

I'm using your demo theme Museum. I have build a new homepage which I would like to link to the logo, How can I do that?

I've been to appearance BE theme but then the only thing I can do is actually link the logo to the homepage but cannot choose which one is the homepage. 

Can you help me?

Thank you

Pamela

Comments

• Hi,

Logo always link to homepage but which page is homepage you can select in Settings > Reading section.
  • Hi team,

Kudos on building an excellent theme!

I have 2 queries.

Question 1: Related to the logo link. I have two wordpress installations: on the main site (e.g. www.xyz.com) AND the blog (www.xyz.com/blog). I have Betheme on both.

I'd like the logo on the blog to point to the main site (www.xyz.com) and not to the homepage for the blog. Any way to do that?

Question 2: I've taken out the love button using the CSS [.button-love { display: none !important; }]
    However, the blank space that it used to take up remains there. And the Title seems indented to the right. Is there any way to take that space out, so that the title can begin from the left?
  • @skatmcb

1. This is unfortunately not possible.

2. Please send us url to page where you did it and we'll try to help.
  • Thanks for the response.

When you say 'not possible', I assume it isn't available as a configurable parameter. But I could tweak the underlying code to hard-code the URL. But with every new version upgrade, I might lose the manual changes. Is that correct?

For the next 3 questions, please refer to the image (with 3 sub-images): http://snag.gy/YCzIy.jpg

1. The encircled area is what gets left behind after taking out the love button. And the title still starts after some gap. Can it be pulled to the left?

2. In the author box, the photo isn't being displayed. The earlier theme used to pick it up from gravatar. How can I get the author photo in BeTheme?

3. I've chosen the 'Full width' setting for pages/posts. However, all my <div> sections are getting boxed. How can I stretch them to the full screen?

Would be great to get your views.
  • edited December 2014
    Yes, this is correct and that's why we do not recommend and offer code modifications because this brings just more problems then goods.

To look at your 3 points above, we need url to your website. Without that we won't be able to help.
  • Ok. So below we give you right css to get what you need.

1. To remove this gap on the left side of title, please use below css:
    .post-header .title_wrapper { margin-left: 0 !important; border: 0 !important; }
    2. This image is of course from gravatar as you mentioned. This should be selected in Settings > Discussion section. Also contact email in profile's section must be exactly the same as gravatar e-mail address.

3. To make full width sections, you must edit each section. For each section you should select full width "Layout" and "Style" as well. More information about this item you can read at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#section
  • Fixed 1 and 2. Thanks!

I'm not sure how 3 would work. On the page settings, I've selected 'Full width,. No sidebar.'

I'm not defining the section using Muffin Builder. It's just a simple DIV section with a 'Style' definition as follows:

<div style="background-color: #f5f5f5; border-color: #ededed;border-style: solid;border-width: 1px 0 1px 0;padding-top: 30px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px;">

Adding width:100%; did not make any difference.

Am I on the right track?
  • The full width can be only activated with sections as we described above. If you do not use it, then you should start because without that you won't be able to make full width as you want
  • Got it. Thanks for the perspectives.