How do I get image to show up left of blog post before clicking on heading post?

edited January 2015 in Blog
I am trying to figure out how to make my blog page mirror the BEtheme blog page. I want to be able to see the big pic to left side of post headline, before clicking on the actual post. Link of the page of exactly what I am trying to achieve and example pic below.

http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/blog

I am also trying to keep my blog in an ordered list, exactly like the example pic above. Heres a pic of my clients company blog page below.

1. I see no photo to the left, before clicking on the actual post and the other two posts are not organized like the betheme blog post page. I have toggled between classic and masonry options in the Appearance>BeTheme Options>Blog section, to try and emulate what was done on BeTheme Blog example page. No dice.. The format is off and ugly looking on my clients company page. I want to mirror the betheme blog page. Any suggesstions? Also would this require custom CSS? If so, I will need to be guided. I am a novice when it comes to HMTL and CSS.

Thanks In advance.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Hi,

if you want to make the same blog look as our demo, at first you must go to Theme options > Getting started > Blog section and select "Classic" layout for blog page. Also you must upload images for all posts because without that posts won't look good.
  • Where do I upload the images? I uploaded the actual images inside the test page posts I created but they didn't show up in the headline, where you would click to read the post. My blog section is already configured to classic. Any further suggestions or possible solutions? Thanks.
  • Ok I just retried putting images in the actual post but nothing comes up on the left side next to the headline. I also have the layout set to classic in blog section. Maybe I didn't create the blog page correctly?
  • Image for posts can be setup in "Featured post" section which is on the right hand side while you create/edit post. But if you are not sure about how to create blog page, please take a look at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#blog
  • edited December 2014
    Hi muffingroup,

I figured out my problem I was not setting the featured image photo. For the future anyone who creates a blog page make sure to set the featured image on the bottom right hand side, in your Wordpress admin panel, when creating and editing posts in the backend editor.

I'll probably have a few more questions on some other issues I'm having currently, like how to crop high resolutions pictures to the right layers grid size: grid width and grid height within Revolution Slider Settings (I have Photoshop CS5 and Infraview to resize photos to the proper dimensions, just don't know what width and height in pixels they should be) when using full width page layout as the main layout (Like Betheme Blog page).

Right now I am using boxed layout because I cannot get the photos to fit properly in the Revolution Slider (They are displaying perfectly now in boxed view which I don't really like I want to fit perfectly or near perfect in full width view within Revolution Slider). If you know the answer to this dilemma please advise.

http://awakeintumind.com/ (Homepage)

Once again, thank you muffingroup for the prompt and excellent support. Love the Betheme, thank you very much for the help. The Blog looks just like the BETheme Demo page now.
  • Unfortunately we do not have any answer on this problem because it is related with Revolution Slider. In this case you must check all slider settings because unfortunately we don't know if there is anything what you need.