Why is my main image partly obscured?

Hi
I have a Be-themed website at www.carhounds.co.uk; it's set up as a static main page currently. The first image on the site, at the top of the static page, is partly obscured for some reason: the colour panel featuring the heading and sub-heading of the site runs over the bottom quarter of the image. Can you tell me how I can solve this problem?
Thanks in advance, Ed Hardy

Comments

• Hi,

if you want to display more of the top image, please set padding top of the SECTION where this image is.
  • Hi
    Thanks for the reply here.
    I did as you suggested and the good news is that my main image is now fully visible.
    However - the bad news is that this has pushed the next horizontal section - the section with the main heading and sub-heading explaining what my business does - down so it no longer appears on the screen when you land on the website.
    There is a horizontal portion at the top and bottom of the main image that I could afford to lose: is there an easy way to 'slice' these portions off and move up the section with the headings, or will I need to crop the image in photoshop and upload it again?
    Regards, Ed
  • Please show us on screenshots both pages (before you set that padding and after) so we can compare it as we are not sure what you mean exactly. For us everything looks great.
  • Hi
    Thanks again for the response.
    I've played around with the padding for various panels and now have what looks to me like an acceptable solution. I've edited the copy in the sub-header so it's now all visible on my screen when I land on the 'homepage', and the wheels on the car in the main image are visible.
    I've done a screenshot but am not sure how to attach it or paste it here so you can see it: can you advise?
    I can live with the solution as it is but in a perfect world I'd like to lose maybe the top 20% horizontal slice of my main image. I've tried every combination of padding and margin adjustment available for the image panel and the header panel below it but can't find a way of losing that top 20%: is my only option now to re-crop and re-upload the main image as I want it, or is there another way to adjust the depth of the image via the Visual Composer?
    Regards, Ed

• To paste screenshots, you can use any online tools like http://pasteboard.co/

In reference to your question about VC, as far as we know, it is unfortunately not possible to adjust the depth of the image.
  • Hi again
    A quick note to let you know I've re-cropped my main image and played around a little more with the padding and margins, and am happy with the result: thanks very much for your help.
    One last question: I've just been emailed to say an update is available for the Be theme: am I safe to download this update? Can I be sure that it won't alter the appearance of my site, or change anything that I don't want to change? What are the benefits of updating the theme?
    Regards, Ed
  • If you did not modified any theme files, you are safe of course. More details about theme update you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/13/how-update-to-the-new-version-of-be-theme
  • Okay thanks.

Here http://pasteboard.co/IvMDNlJ.png is a screenshot of the grey panel at the bottom of the page. As you can see it's too deep for the very small amount of content it currently carries. If I could make it half the depth it currently is, it would be perfect.

I'm not sure screenshots of the second problem would help make my point: what the user sees is the same page but jerked up by a few centimetres. Also it would be hard to take a screenshot of the page when raised up, as it drops down again within a second or two.

• The image you sent above, does not show anything. It's empty.
  • Hi again
    Thanks for your reply and apologies for being sidetracked for the past few days. Apologies for the blank screenshot too, I'm not sure what happened there. 
    As I said in my earlier post however, a screenshot isn't going to show you what the problem is here: what you need to do is go to the website at www.carhounds.co.uk and experience the problem for yourself in real time.
    if your experience is anything like mine then you'll see the main static page of the site jerking upwards by a few centimetres every few seconds, then after a second or so dropping back down to where it started from.
    I don't see this effect on every computer I've viewed the site from, but I've tried it with three separate computers so far and two of the three exhibit the problem. It would be rgeat if you could see it yourselves and advise me how to solve it.
    Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing back.
    Regards, Ed
  • We did checked it on 5 different computers in our office and did not experienced anything like that. We also asked our college to check and he confirmed that he did not noticed such behave as well. So the problem must be with browser version or something like that.
  • Thanks for this - in a way of course I'm glad to learn you guys didn't see the problem I've seen, as hopefully this means there isn't a problem with the site. I'll experiment with a few different browsers and see what I can find out.
    Regards, Ed